Looking for UK server rental...

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Duffking
cyclist
cyclist

Looking for UK server rental...

Post by Duffking » 06 Aug 2006 12:30

Hi all, some peeps are looking to get a clan started in the UK, but we haven't had much luck finding a UK provider of Trackmania servers. We're looking for a 20+ slots server, from a reliable provider in the UK, and at a fair price.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

smok3y
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN + TMU + TMUF

Post by smok3y » 06 Aug 2006 15:47

Tell me more about it....I'd want one for my friends clan in India too :-?

NOIM
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by NOIM » 07 Aug 2006 09:27

Have either of you tried searching the net for clan servers?

Results - 4,420,000 for clan servers. (0.07 seconds) @ Google

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 07 Aug 2006 12:59

Something huge like 4420000 results is usually barely more useful than getting 0 results though. :)
I Googled for "UK clan server" and got 1980000 hits, still too much, but it does seem to have some valid hits right at the top.
Not sure if those are any good, I'm not into this whole rent-a-server-thing.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

NOIM
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by NOIM » 07 Aug 2006 13:27

I can recommend a few based on past experience with some that crop up in that huge results list lol

Game2XS/Instantgameserver & Jolt Online Gaming

Both of which have been around a while, however we've never rented a server from Jolt.

Our team's always used IGS/G2XS and they've been great in area's of support etc, but it depends what your after i guess.

Also, we're pretty newish customers regarding clan servers, we hosted most of our games privately up until around 2003 and still do for a few unsupported games.

Zippage
sunday driver
sunday driver

Re: Looking for UK server rental...

Post by Zippage » 07 Aug 2006 13:53

Duffking wrote:Hi all, some peeps are looking to get a clan started in the UK, but we haven't had much luck finding a UK provider of Trackmania servers. We're looking for a 20+ slots server, from a reliable provider in the UK, and at a fair price.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
speak to me m8. ill rent you a trackmania server, at a fair price.. full ftp access, web admin.. 100mbit connection, almost 24 hours support.. etcetc..

email me or msn
zippy@wooty4us.co.uk

Duffking
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Duffking » 07 Aug 2006 14:32

NOIM wrote:I can recommend a few based on past experience with some that crop up in that huge results list lol

Game2XS/Instantgameserver & Jolt Online Gaming

Both of which have been around a while, however we've never rented a server from Jolt.

Our team's always used IGS/G2XS and they've been great in area's of support etc, but it depends what your after i guess.

Also, we're pretty newish customers regarding clan servers, we hosted most of our games privately up until around 2003 and still do for a few unsupported games.
I did search, and I checked those two sites out. Problem arises when the 'supported games' lists on those sites don't mention Trackmania. The Game2Xs one does, but for some reason that didn't come up in my search.

Zippage: Thanks for the offer, I believe the clan leader is talking to some peeps in your clan about that at the moment.

Zippage
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Zippage » 07 Aug 2006 16:56

Duffking wrote: Zippage: Thanks for the offer, I believe the clan leader is talking to some peeps in your clan about that at the moment.
hehe, he needs to talk to me m8 :)

Duffking
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Duffking » 07 Aug 2006 17:40

Zippage wrote:
Duffking wrote: Zippage: Thanks for the offer, I believe the clan leader is talking to some peeps in your clan about that at the moment.
hehe, he needs to talk to me m8 :)
I'll get him to chat with ya ;)

sloth
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by sloth » 07 Aug 2006 23:05

You may be best just renting a server that you have root access to.

But read T&C's very carefully, most unlimited bandwidth server rental has a limit on the line speed (usauly around 256kB/s)
Host of Death From Above
I am annoyed by the blatant Adware in the TMN launcher (I own TMU and don't need a web page reminding me of its existance)