TM-N is restarting my computer

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

kimspur
highway camper
highway camper

TM-N is restarting my computer

Post by kimspur » 08 Nov 2006 23:13

Have downloadet and installed TM-Nations twice now. Same result.
Installation performs fine, byt as soon I start the game, my computer
restarts immidiatly. No warning og "Blue screen of death", just instant
restart.
MB Asus PW5 DH Deluxe, Processor Core2Duo 6600, 4GB RAM, ATI XT-1900 XT graphics card.

Regards, Kim :(

Akeela
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Akeela » 09 Nov 2006 00:10

The exact same thing is happening to me !
My computer crash and restart when i try to play online at TMN !!!
It happens since i made the last update of TMN to 1.7.7.
The strange thing is that it did not always happen. My computer crash and restart only when i try to play the night (after 8PM). Earlier it's all ok.
I don't anderstand. Another friend of mine have the same problem and he's not alone !!
Somebody have an explaination ?
---UPDATE---
I've tried to play online on my girlfriend's computer that have not made updates of her TMN for a while, so her TMN version is 1.7.5.
After about 1 minute of online gaming...."blue screen of death" and restart of the computer.
So we can conclude that the problem is not coming from the last update.
---END---

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 09 Nov 2006 02:44

start by enabling blue screens, and then give us what the blue screen says
maybe then we can figure out the cause
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

DJ Piles
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by DJ Piles » 12 Nov 2006 04:54

This is quite a common fault.
It happens to lots of people, but it seems to happen a lot more with windows xp.

It's got something to do with the windows registry.

I've had it happen to me with loads of different games not just TMN.

You can be playing the game and for no reason the game exits, or even worse the computer restarts.

I managed to fix it by restoring my registry from a previous backup.

Maybe part of the windows registry has been corrupted during the TMN update.

See if you have any backups on your computer anywhere, windows makes them automatically whenever a registry value is changed, so you might be lucky enough to find that doing this sorts the problem out.

Akeela
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Akeela » 12 Nov 2006 13:00

Thanx DJ Piles but i don't think this is only due to TMN update because, as i said in my previous post, when i tried to play on my girlfriend's computer, that have not made any updates to TMN, it happens the same thing, computer restarts. The stange thing is that it happens only the night and lately we've noticed that it depends on wich server you go.
For exemple, if i go on my friend dedicated server, my computer restart. On another one (for exemple jamlan) it doesn't.
For me, only on TMN this problem appears. For my others online games, no problem.

The mystery gets thicker...

PS : i hope my english is not too bad :D

[ATP] !n5aN3
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by [ATP] !n5aN3 » 12 Nov 2006 13:04

dunno, i would have guessed your computers might be overheating, but as it seems to be server-dependent, i have no clue...
only thing i could think of, that you and your friend, who hosts the server could try to reinstall TMN completely, but dunno if that helps at all...

Akeela
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Akeela » 17 Nov 2006 13:53

Well lately it seems that the problem disappear as fast as it appears. I don't know what was the source and i probably never know. It wasn't from my computer that work perfecly with other games, it doesn't overheat like you suggest [ATP] !n5aN3 because i play on heavier games than TMN (like Quake4) with no problems, i play on other online games (like Flyff or pangya) with no problems, and i also try to reinstall completly TMN twice. One time with updates, the other without with no effect on the problem. Maybe it was a nadeo's bug...well now it doesn't matter. IT'S GONE !!! :D