Trackmania and Notebooks

General discussion about Trackmania Original.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

carrot1401
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Trackmania and Notebooks

Post by carrot1401 » 25 Oct 2008 20:54

I know this is gonna be a dodgy subject, so let me quickly throw in a sentence before I get frowned upon:

I have brought a new copy of Trackmania Power Up and it is sitting on my desk beside me. I even brought the £30 digital download of TMU when it came out in november 2006 with the limited 10,000 copies thing, and have now even brought myself a hard copy. I am a big fan of Trackmania. I will happily support Nadeo. I am not a pirate!!!

Right, so here it goes.

I have a notebook. One of those light laptops without a dvd or cd drive, and really bad onboard graphics. Well, bad in a sense it won't run TMU at all, but good enough to play the original Trackmania (well the demo at least) so I went out and brought the original Trackmania with Power Up expansion pack, just to create tracks on my little netbook.

I forgot about 1 thing. Starforce. Now I ain't gonna rant about it, infact I've never had a problem with it with various games on various PC's. But I think it is causing my IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error when trying to run it. This is usually related to a hardware, say DVD drive error.

So, has anyone got Trackmania Original to run on a notebook (or in that kinda 'you know what I mean' fashion)?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Trackmania and Notebooks

Post by Zooz » 26 Oct 2008 18:12

That error could be anything... Starforce is just easiest to blame ^^

I can't imagine that it would be hard to find a crack for such an old game...

carrot1401
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: Trackmania and Notebooks

Post by carrot1401 » 26 Oct 2008 18:23

You're actually right zooz, tried running TMO without virtual cd loaded and even then I got the same error. Its wierd, have gots lots of other games (which I own) working this way, just not TMO.

Have tried to crack it, but can't find a working one...