TOM - Need a little help on installing vehicles

General discussion about Trackmania Original.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SpyGuy
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO

TOM - Need a little help on installing vehicles

Post by SpyGuy » 08 Dec 2008 06:03

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forums, but not to the game - I've had the original version for a couple of years now. I recently re-installed it, and have been doing a lot of playing, but I'd like something more, like new vehicles, tracks, and so on. (Just found the tracks section - woohoo!)

I d/l'd a few cars and put them in their respective folders (such as the Warthog, the Dodge truck, and the Desert Redneck - nice car, that), but oddly, when I go to play that vehicle, the skin shows up on the original vehicle, and not the new car. I'm pretty sure I followed the directions, placing everything in the right folders - even created a "CarCommon" folder, and have copies in there - but something is not quite right.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
"Write me up at 125 / Post my face, 'Wanted Dead or Alive' / Take my license, and all that jive / I can't drive 55"
- Sammy Hagar

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: TOM - Need a little help on installing vehicles

Post by tcq » 08 Dec 2008 09:14

For me it helps, if i delete alle skins out of the game directory (backup copy !!!), then start the game let it load everything. Then close the game, put the skins back and start the game again. Then they appear.

SpyGuy
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SpyGuy » 08 Dec 2008 20:22

Well, it's not the skins I'm having trouble with - it's the new car model. The new skins are appearing on the old TMO car model, which looks REALLY weird. (The Warthog skin appearing on the Suzuki Samurai model looks really bizarre, with the painted rim in the front seat!)

What's happening is when I fire up the game, I'm looking for the new car models, like the Warthog, or the Dodge pickup, or one of those other new models that were made. But, when I go to choose that car in the Options folder, I get the same old TMO vehicle, just with a skin that doesn't fit correctly on it. What i want to know is, how do I get the new models to appear in the game?
"Write me up at 125 / Post my face, 'Wanted Dead or Alive' / Take my license, and all that jive / I can't drive 55"
- Sammy Hagar

SpyGuy
pedestrian
pedestrian

TMO - Need a little help on installing vehicles

Post by SpyGuy » 15 Dec 2008 06:40

Since no one's answered the question yet, I'll explain my situation, and ask again.

I've d/l'd several of the custom vehicles made for TMO, such as the Warthog, the Dodge pickup, and the Desert Redneck. I followed the directions, and put everything in the correct folders, but when I go to start the game and choose one of the new vehicles, I get the original TMO vehicle, but with the new vehicle's skin on it. (i.e, the Warthog skin on the TMO Suzuki Samurai, which looks really weird!).

What I want to know is: how do I get the NEW vehicle to show up in the game, instead of the ORIGINAL vehicle? I'd like to run some of the new vehicles.

Also, while I'm at it, I'm interested increating my own paint jobs for the cars. Where are the files in the game that i can edit, and with what program can I edit them?
- Sammy Hagar

possum23
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by possum23 » 11 Mar 2009 08:31

I have the exact same problem. Glad you made this post! :D

I need some help too.
EVIL POSSUM!

Dragons Rule!