How to skin vehicles? TMO

General discussion about Trackmania Original.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SpyGuy
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO

How to skin vehicles? TMO

Post by SpyGuy » 30 Dec 2008 04:58

I'm interested in reskinning a couple of the cars in Trackmania, and making my own custom skins. BUT, I can't seem to find the correct file to open to do so. Are the car skins .jpg, .bmp, .png, or .tga? All I can seem to find are just .gbx files. Do I need to have a compiler/decompiler to change a .gbx file into one that I can open?

Also, I have downloaded several of the cars from the carpark specifically for TMO. I followed the instructions on where to put the cars, but when I start up the game, I find the new car graphics on the old TMO car (ie, the Desert Redneck and the Hermes graphics on the Speed car. I don't think the rim is supposed to show up on the back seat, is it?) Apparently I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not quite sure what. Could someone give me a hand here, let me know what's going on, and where do I put the new cars I d/l'd so that I can drive them in the game? Thanks.
"Write me up at 125 / Post my face, 'Wanted Dead or Alive' / Take my license, and all that jive / I can't drive 55"
- Sammy Hagar

racemaster76
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMSX, TMN

Re: How to skin vehicles? TMO

Post by racemaster76 » 16 Apr 2010 04:42

The type of file for car skins is ".dds"
:wicked:
Hello and again welcome to the Crapeture Spyence Entwitchment Farm!