Help!

General discussion about Trackmania Original.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Agent42
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO

Help!

Post by Agent42 » 05 Sep 2009 06:57

Hello,

I had TMO installed on our previous computer, this computer died. But we we're lucky enough to be able to copy the contents of the hard drive, and i would like to be able to play my file again, but i can't find it.

Does anyone know where the Player profile file is? and also i made an awsome track, could you please help me find the file?

Thanks,
Agent42

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Re: Help!

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 13 Oct 2009 20:31

It shouldn't be hard to find. You are looking for therse subdirectories
...\TrackMania Original\GameData\Profiles
...\TrackMania Original\GameData\Scores
...\TrackMania Original\GameData\Tracks\Challenges

jakatron
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tm nations

Post by jakatron » 25 Oct 2009 21:31

hey, my names jake and im new here, BUT i know quite alot about computers.

when your computer died, what sort of compatble hard drive (pen stick e.c.t) did you copy it on to, becouse i had an old machine that crashed on me and i copyed all of my stuff onto a normal pen stick and all of my files got jumbled up, so then i tried copying them all onto a cd, lets just say that i wont be seing them again posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=22864#

thanks

jake

NFSRacer
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMS

Post by NFSRacer » 28 Oct 2009 00:21

I have the original (...and I mean "original"...) TrackMania that I had working on an old computer of mine, but I had to reformat it (for what reason, I don't remember; it was quite a while ago). I re-installed it on my laptop, which has Vista on it, and updated it all the way to TrackMania Original. The problem is when I tried running it on my laptop, it encountered an unknown error upon initialization of the CD protection scan. Is there a fix for this?

PS:
I understand I posted something like this in a different topic, but I'm eager to get a response (...AND to have working copies of all of the TM classics...), so I felt it better to post it in a more recent topic. With that said, PLEASE don't come at me for my choice.

robi83
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tm-forever

Post by robi83 » 09 Sep 2011 22:50

Please helpme somone. I'm cant make my own sticker for my own car in TMO. Please tell for me how can make it for TMO.

Bane
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMNF

Post by Bane » 10 Sep 2011 00:25

Nice to see someone still plays TMO :) Have you tried playing online Robi ? About the sticker...I think you have to do it like this: 1. create your sticker like DDS file and like TGA file (every sticker in the game data has those two files in their directory). 2. Make a new directory in TrackMania Original/GameData/Painter/Stickers. 3. Copy your two files in that directory.
How to create those two files, in what programe, i don't know, but the procedure should be right. It works for avatars, car skins...Let me know how it goes. 8)
ImageImage

DRIVING ON A FAST LANE !
TMO FOREVER !

robi83
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tm-forever

Post by robi83 » 10 Sep 2011 18:55

Thanks Bane. I will trying this, and I send for you message.