TrackBuilder - The Movie

This forum deals with all the Movies & Replays of the Community. Use http://www.tm-tube.com and share your creations here!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Nym
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): ECU

TrackBuilder - The Movie

Post by Nym » 02 Mar 2009 16:05

Hi all,
after several months of work, im proud to present to you
TrackBuilder
In this Movie, you'll see »swe« tuta racing a track made by XR tmjonas. The special thing is: the track is created just splits of seconds before him. You probably know this effect from Phaleanopsis or Hydrofise Area, but in this Video, I created a technique which allows me not to build just a PF part but a whole 2 min track with bends, jumps crossings etc.

The idear for the Video were given to me by the two Videos "Hydrofise Area" and "Phaleanopsis" in which you see short PF trackbuilding parts. After some tries i finally succeded in transfering the princip for any kind of track.
Inchoate tmjonas' rallymap, I splittet the map; deleted several parts saved it and deleted the next ones. The output: 139 Single tracks, just with slight differences.
After that, I did nothonge than all th guys where the cars are floating or driving through parts; I importet an alien Replay (the Replay was originally fromt he Rally Replay Contest winner tuta Big Grin) and a cam from the origin rep in each track's Outro. Then I startet the track, saved the replay, opened it, deleted my ghost and adjustet the time. Finally I renderes it out. Unfortunately I had to use a codec for this first export, because i had to render each Replay completely until the new part, then I could abort expoting via esc. Adjusting of the Camera for shortening the replay on the quintessens wasn't possible, because the interpolation of the cam destroyed the 100% congruence of the Videos. The rest was simple Video editing Wink

Big thanks to my beta testers:
v000nix
kastun
Blauer-Gandalf
tuta
Thanks guys, without you the video would never be so great :D

Links:
Watch
@tmtube

Download
@megaupload

@rapidshare part1
@rapidshare part2

Manialink:
TrackBuilder (check it out, you'll find there a make of, and kastun did a very nice job in coding it :D)

Comments and rates are really welcome :D

Greets
Nym

PS:
Oh, and if you're german, you can read a little interview about the vid on the German TM-Blog

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Re: TrackBuilder - The Movie

Post by Dec » 02 Mar 2009 17:20

Nice idea and nice video, good job :thumbsup:

Trackmania_Infinity
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by Trackmania_Infinity » 11 Mar 2009 13:32

Excellent job on the video. I liked how the elements of the track gradually faded into place, rather than instantly appearing in a split second. How did you get the track pieces to fade in like that?

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 11 Mar 2009 14:02

Great movie. Really like it.

Nym
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): ECU

Post by Nym » 10 Apr 2009 10:21

i just faded the opacity of the clips at their end out, no big deal ;)

Fks#Timae
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMO, TMSX
Manialink(s): gac (just in work)

Post by Fks#Timae » 16 Apr 2009 10:33

cool show dude!

PorschefanRoel
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by PorschefanRoel » 23 Apr 2009 14:30

Great vid, it had had taken a lot of time I think.
I love it, it's still a question to me how you've made it, because I don't really understand the explanation, but that doesn't matter.
The video is great.

I have 1 question, which software have you used for the credits, because they look awesome too.