Movie issue

This forum deals with all the Movies & Replays of the Community. Use http://www.tm-tube.com and share your creations here!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Jacob0887
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN

Movie issue

Post by Jacob0887 » 26 May 2009 22:20

Recently I've been trying to make high quality videos using the in-game recorder, but most of the time when I go to watch it for the first time it gives me the message its corrupted and cannot be read/played. Anyone know why I get this issue and how I can fix it?

The settings I use to record are:
800*600
25x anti aliasing
30fps
and video HQ checked

Mr_MAO
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F)

Re: Movie issue

Post by Mr_MAO » 27 May 2009 14:57

How big is the finished file? If you make a movie largre than 4GB then TM won't record any longer (or it will, but in some kind of buggy way...) and the file goes corrupted. If this is the problem, then do like this: split the clip into a number of parts and capture one part at a time and then take them toghether in a video-editing program. Otherwise, I don't have a clue (though I actully have got corrupted files sometimes too even if the clip weren't larger than 4GB... I think it has something about the length of the video)
Want tutorials? Go to http://tutorials.tm-creative.org/ before posting a new thread, please!

Jacob0887
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Jacob0887 » 27 May 2009 21:46

The most recent vid I got this prob on was 2.2gb and about 1min long I think

Mr_MAO
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mr_MAO » 28 May 2009 14:13

Okay. My tip is to split the movie in two pieces that aren't more thna 40 sec each. I know I've made videos over that size but a little more than 40 sec long, and working. I also think I've made corrupted files that aren't larger than 3GB but 1:20 long... We'll be waiting for your test results (if you now want to try), please tell us in wathever case.
Want tutorials? Go to http://tutorials.tm-creative.org/ before posting a new thread, please!

Jacob0887
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Jacob0887 » 29 May 2009 00:34

If I knew how to split a video I would try but I dont so :P

Mr_MAO
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mr_MAO » 29 May 2009 14:35

Well, that's kind fo easy. Have you seen the time-block in the MT? Shorten that block down so it takes half of the original timeline (take a little more/less depending on other blocks position), and remove the blocks you don't need anymore (it will continue filming otherwise). Save, then load the original clip again and do the same thing, but save the second part of the film instead. You also need to change the time, so you start were the first one ended. This is made in the timeblock. Click on it and change the value that says something about time :P (it's in seconds), I don't remember what it's called atm... Good luck!

Jacob0887
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Jacob0887 » 07 Jun 2009 01:15

I have not been around recently due to finals so I havent tried this yet, but I remembered someone told me the codec I needed to use for compression is ffdshow or something like that, but I dont have it in my list of codecs. Maybe this is the problem? Cause I was filming uncompressed vids