Trackmania Codecs

This forum deals with all the Movies & Replays of the Community. Use http://www.tm-tube.com and share your creations here!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Trackmania Codecs

Post by JumperJack » 14 Feb 2010 10:05

ok, i'm running out of ideas here... o.O'

i would like to shoot a video in trackmania with the help of tmtube's high quality tutorial. however, i'm crossing a big problem quite fast already: they advice me to shoot the video in trackmania with one of these codecs: Huffyuv/Lagarith, Indeo 5.2 or x264.

however, the only codecs i can pick are the following:

Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
Intel IYUV Codec
Cinepak Codec by Radius
Fraps Video Decompressor
Full Frames (uncompressed)

i remember from my old pc that i definately had more codecs to choose from there.

well, the codec i was planning to use is x264. i downloaded the .exe file, but i have absolutely no clue how to install it. couldn't find clear tutorials about it either. i'm a total beginner regarding video shooting, codecs and everything.

i hope someone here could give me a push in the right direction. :oops:

SiH13
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU F

Re: Trackmania Codecs

Post by SiH13 » 14 Feb 2010 11:28

First download the codec you want (Google powa : :mrgreen: )
Then restart tm (or pc)
When you shoot again you will be able to see more codecs

http://x264.nl <- H264 + ffdshow
http://www.free-codecs.com/indeo_codec_download.htm <- Indeo Video 5.11
http://www.divx.com/downloads <- DivX (Download Divx 7 and in the installer you can choose to only install the codec or the player)

I personally like the indeo 5.11 best

Notice: Indeo 5.2 costs

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by JumperJack » 14 Feb 2010 12:41

thanks a lot!! :1

i wonder, when opening the x264.exe, there's still this command screen opening for a split second, which closes right away. seems like nothing has happened, but has that?!

when trying to shoot a video in tm, i've now got loads of different codecs to choose from, so it works. great!! and when i configure the "ffdshow" codec, i can pick H264 from the list. that's actually that H264 that i was trying to use in the first place?! ^^'

but it works. thanks a lot!! ;)

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 15 Feb 2010 02:25

what you downloaded is probably the codec executable, which is usually only used in command line mode..

go and look for x.264 VfW (video for windows)
this one should implement the codec into the system.

oh wait.. if you can chose the x/h264, then it should be alright. shooting in TM: x264, losless 1pass .. that is a good basis for further encoding/working.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 17 Mar 2010 17:25

Heh, I had a similar issue just now... As far as I know, the best way to do it is to first record uncompressed video, and then use Mediacoder or something to do a good compression, like 2 pass h.264 (unless you like huge files). But uncompressed videos come out looking all messed up and with the end before the start, so I wanted to use a lossless codec (such as huffyuv or x264). Didn't have one in my list, but now I do, thanks ^^

suzaane
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO

Post by suzaane » 02 Apr 2011 08:04

How do I get a codec for my Kodak camera so I download videos to my computer and put the videos on a disk? I have a Kodak m1063 digital camera. I tried to download videos from the camera into my computer and burn them on a dvd disk. I was using windows movie maker on Windows Vista. It says it cannot import it because my computer doesn't have the right codec to support that file. I downloaded Quicktime, and it didnt work. What should I do? I really need help!