Number/letter stencils

Find here all the Stickers / Flags of the Community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU

Number/letter stencils

Post by grundel70 » 10 Jul 2009 20:05

Are there any decent number or letter stencil sets out there? SOmething other than the built in text font that the game comes with?

I am looking for stencils specifically, as you can do more with them color wise. I assume that there has to be some out there. I would like to put some good looking car numbers on my vehicles rather than use the default stickers and typing in the number with the number with the rather boring default font.

Anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks!!!

Archdeluxe
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever

Re: Number/letter stencils

Post by Archdeluxe » 14 Jul 2009 20:28

there are a number of sticker and brush packs in this thread area with just what you're looking for, anything more specific you might want to post in a request thread.

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 15 Jul 2009 15:54

Thanks for the reply!

I did a search and I could not locate any packs of stencil sets save 1 for numbers. They are cool, but I was hoping for more than just one variety.

Isearched in this area for stencils, numbers, stencil sets, stencil fonts and didn't find anything too useful. Do you have any specific set url's or locations by chance?

If anyone is able to find some and refer them to me I would be glad to make a copper donation to your account :)

Archdeluxe
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever

Post by Archdeluxe » 17 Jul 2009 10:53

My bad lol i had gotten them from Carpark when i had downloaded the packs. LOL ok I'll post you a few links including a pack I assesembled for a buddy of mine.

http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/forum ... 10&t=11330

http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/forum ... 10&t=11218

you'll find a bunch more here: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/forum ... m.php?f=10

and mine: http://www.mediafire.com/?2m21vemtmhm

you'll find both sencils and stickers in all of them with number and a few letters, mine has a lot of other stuff in it to, most of it works, but I need to remake the thing one of these days lol.

if you want anything really specific Pm me
to use these with the ingame painter place the folders inside MyDocuments/TrackMania/Painter
mine had a special file path as i recall but i can't recall what it was so be carefull when unpacking it.

the file path for a stick is: My Documents/TrackMania/Painter/Stickers/Name of Sticker/Sticker.tga

for a stencil its: My Documents/Trackmania/Painter/Stencil/Name of Stencil/Brush.tga

in isde each each Named folder is 2 files.
and Icon.dds
and either a Brush.tga for Stencils
or Sticker.tga for Stickers
make sure you put everything in the right place.
also the folders need to be name with what you want them to be called. So say for instance you want a sticker of bottle to be called "BLUBottle" then you place the Icon & sticker in a folder called "BluBottle" and place that in the Sticker folder.

any other questions just PM me.

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 20 Jul 2009 21:58

I will check these out tonight when I get home.

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 21 Jul 2009 01:43

Thank you. It did have a few things I could use...

Howeveer speciciall I need numbers 0-9 in a couple different fonts...

this is the idea I was looking for. A couople different fonts counting from 1through0

The stuff you sent me to I had some of it already. There is 1 number stencil set with it...but still lookg for more

I hope this helps! If you could put something like that together for me I would be most greatful. i think you will be pleasantly suprprised with the cars I would be able to make with this stuff.

Thanks

da-HoFFi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by da-HoFFi » 21 Jul 2009 07:24

I could make some for u.

Just let me know which fonts u want

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 21 Jul 2009 21:11

Thank you so much!

There are lots of fonts I would love to see...but I would satisfied with...

Arial Black normal and italacized
Impact normal and italacized
Lucinda normal and Italacized

Also the alphabet in impact would rock.

I know its alot...if its easier just do the italacized versions. That would rock to no end.

I really just want some more numbers...I come up with a cool design, paint it up, and then put the default text numbers on it and it looks like crap :(

I will post some of the stuff I have done. My skins aren't too bad...not as good as alot of folks have done here, but I think I hold me own :)

da-HoFFi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by da-HoFFi » 22 Jul 2009 08:28

Ok, I'll start working on it.

U may have a look at my work (all done with in-game-painter): click

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 23 Jul 2009 14:23

Thank you! Your work is outstanding! You give me hope that I don't have to use PS to make good looking cars.

Here are some of what I have thrown together so far. I know, not all that great, but I had alot of fun making them...and I love to race against them as opponents :0

My ffirst jeep

A bay truck

A coast car.

same coast car, different view

another coast car, tried using the flames stencil set on this one

desert car

Sports car. very simple. used your aftermarket set on this one. I never really race in this genre, so I don't spend alot of time with these cars

A rally car I made the other night. I wanted to experiment with 'fading color'

My first Rally car I made after downloading a number stencil set.

the one and only stadium car i have done

I don't like the stadium set, cars or tracks. Its just me

The very first tries I ever did are mostly desert cars. They didn't turn out so well, so I will spare you the atrocity. These are just 'ok' in my opinion, but I am practicing and I want to get better.

I appreciate the help! I think with a cuple more number and letter stencil sets I could really put some decent stuff out there!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 24 Jul 2009 09:04

Why are you posting these images with huge white areas? Can't you crop those off?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 24 Jul 2009 20:16

Xymph...

I apologize, please forgive me...

But I am not sure what you are referring to. Huge white areas? I don't see any 'huge white areas' on my display, just the pictures of some of the cars I painted. I just img tagged them and called it a day.

What I will do when I get home is shrink them all down and put them on a single page if that will help pretty up the display. The last thing I want to do is upset anyone of you good folks here in the community or make things difficult for anyone. I put these images up real quick and didn't spend alot of time doing any borders, gamma corrections, etc... I just wanted to repay the kindness of Da Hoffi of him sharing some of his wonderful work with some of mine that I started.

If anything I have done has upset you or anyone in the community, I apologize. I know my work is sub par, but I always am looking for ways to improve,and am open to any constructive criticism...even if it is formatting the display of my work

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Jul 2009 20:41

grundel70 wrote:I apologize, please forgive me...
Take it easy, I'm just asking, not roasting ya. :D
grundel70 wrote:But I am not sure what you are referring to. Huge white areas? I don't see any 'huge white areas' on my display, just the pictures of some of the cars I painted. I just img tagged them and called it a day.
The white borders in the images that make them much larger than necessary. View them on a non-white background and you'll see, for example the last one.
grundel70 wrote:If anything I have done has upset you or anyone in the community, I apologize. I know my work is sub par, but I always am looking for ways to improve,and am open to any constructive criticism...even if it is formatting the display of my work
It's not a capital forums offense, it just makes your whole post much larger than needed, and looks a bit ugly to boot. :wink: The car pix themselves are fine though.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

grundel70
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by grundel70 » 25 Jul 2009 17:28

How bout now?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 25 Jul 2009 18:05

:thumbsup: