stickers on signs`

Find here all the Stickers / Flags of the Community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Adam423
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS

stickers on signs`

Post by Adam423 » 20 Jul 2009 18:37

how do i to it ol is there like a tourial that shows step by step on how cause i want say a nascar sign on a blimp but when u get url says wring link or w/e please help :gobananas:

Archdeluxe
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever

Re: stickers on signs`

Post by Archdeluxe » 21 Jul 2009 06:44

Ok, editing a Blimp is just like editing a car, you just gotta know where it is.

So First we have to find the original Blimp.
C://Program Files/~/Trackamania/GameData/Skins/Stadium/Airship/

in there will be the default Airship (Blimp) skins, they are just like cars except for one thing: There is only 1 file in the zip folder called "Image"

if you have a program that can edit a ".dds" or Direct Draw Surface files then you have a head start. I would recomend using Paint.Net, just google it. Its not a website but a free image editing and creatation program.

there a few tuts on how to use Paint.net to save the image Properly. paint is also realy easy to use and gets a lot of people a good head start on using more advanced programs like Photoshop.

whe nyou go to save the Blimp its goes in the same place in your "My Documents folder: My Documents/TrackMania/Skins/Stadium/Airship

heres a protip: when you go to put the "sticker" you want on to the blimp's Image file make a new layer first then add the sticker. Don't combine the layers till your finished and you save the image

Remeber its this format for a .dds file:
DXT 5
Interative Fit
Uniform Error metric
and Weight alpha, and generate the Mip Maps.

GreyBeard49
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: stickers on signs`

Post by GreyBeard49 » 25 Jul 2009 18:51

Archdeluxe wrote:**clipped** I would recomend using Paint.Net, just google it. Its not a website but a free image editing and creatation program. **clipped**
AMEN on the Paint.Net. :thumbsup:
Easy to use and a VERY useful tool when doing graphics for TM.

PEACE! :D
I don't need to be "Number 1",
I just want to share my maps.