Sticker Help

Find here all the Stickers / Flags of the Community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

=CSF=Napalm

Sticker Help

Post by =CSF=Napalm » 28 Apr 2006 09:01

If Iwant to make a sticker, and I create an image, how do I get an IMAGE.DDS file to add with it to the respected folder?
Any help would be great.....
Thanx....

clarky2o2o
cyclist
cyclist

Post by clarky2o2o » 28 Apr 2006 11:53

what i did was open the sticker folder copy and past 1 (for example "X") renamed it to something else then replaced the picture. the down side was it cut hlf my image off cuz of the alpha. so i just looke dhtrough the stickers till i got 1 of the right shape and cloned that 1.

hope you can udnerstand that lol.

Killavor
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Killavor » 04 Aug 2006 12:45

Stickers are very simple to create!

First of all if you are working with Adobe Photoshop you can create both files...

The Icon file: Icon.dds
and
The Sticker file: Sticker.tga

The sticker file can't exceed 512 x 512 px and it is neccessary to create an Alpha channel.
Once you've worked your way through the sticker.tga file and you saved it as "Sticker.tga" in
a new folder created in "C:\Program Files\TrackMania...\GameData\Painter\Stickers\"
simply resize that file to 64 x 64 px then flatten the image and finally save it as "Icon.dds" file
within the same directory where you previously saved your "Sticker.tga" file...

Hope that help, I'm not much of a teacher! hehe!

PS: I would've included screenshots, if only I knew where to upload them!

Baboy
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Baboy » 04 Aug 2006 13:33

Killavor wrote:Stickers are very simple to create!

First of all if you are working with Adobe Photoshop you can create both files...

The Icon file: Icon.dds
and
The Sticker file: Sticker.tga

The sticker file can't exceed 512 x 512 px and it is neccessary to create an Alpha channel.
Once you've worked your way through the sticker.tga file and you saved it as "Sticker.tga" in
a new folder created in "C:\Program Files\TrackMania...\GameData\Painter\Stickers\"
simply resize that file to 64 x 64 px then flatten the image and finally save it as "Icon.dds" file
within the same directory where you previously saved your "Sticker.tga" file...

Hope that help, I'm not much of a teacher! hehe!

PS: I would've included screenshots, if only I knew where to upload them!
Oh, now I see why you didn't put previews on the other thread :)

http://www.imageshack.us is probably the best place to upload your pictures - it is fast, so it's good for slow connections too!

Falcon
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Falcon » 14 Sep 2006 19:07

Could you tell me how can i made transparency on my stickers? I can't do that, i'm not good with photoshop. I have Photoshop Elements 2.0. Please in englishand with pictures plz!

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 12 Nov 2006 08:24

Falcon wrote:Could you tell me how can i made transparency on my stickers? I can't do that, i'm not good with photoshop. I have Photoshop Elements 2.0. Please in englishand with pictures plz!
why you want to make them transparent? you can do it in-Game! In the Editor you can choose the transparency :D

shqiponja06
pedestrian
pedestrian

to Baboy

Post by shqiponja06 » 28 Dec 2006 16:04

cun you help me to make a sticker/flag of my state albania.If you cun help me to make them please send them to my adres a20_enigma@hotmail.com, thank you

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Post by [RFR]DaD » 14 Jan 2007 21:42

are stencils created the same way as stickers? i have numerous hood and fender flame files ive made for stencil applications, but must be doing something wrong...all my stickers work though. Im wondering if i have to due a negative image of them as well...

OK, i figured it out...Same way as when you create a sticker...however, you need to negative image it first so you can change colors with painter.