How to create stickers from scratch.

Find here all the Stickers / Flags of the Community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Gynn Ratov
pedestrian
pedestrian

How to create stickers from scratch.

Post by Gynn Ratov » 07 May 2007 23:31

OK, I have figured it out.

Warning: This requires Adobe Photoshop, preferably CS2. You can download a free try out version (which can do this perfectly) from softpedia.com

First, you will need the icon that the Painter uses in the sticker menu.

To create it, open the TrackMania launcher, then select help, then custom data then avatar. Then select the image you want to be the icon.

Then it will convert it and put the file you want in the Avatar folder in the Skins folder in the GameData folder in the TrackMania folder in the Program Files folder.

Then copy that new file, and then go in TrackMania folder, then go in GameData folder, then go in Painter folder then go in Stickers folder.

Then in the Stickers folder create a new folder with the name you want the new sticker to have.

Then paste the file you copied into that new folder, and rename it to Icon.dds

Now, you need to make the actual sticker file, which shows on your vehicle.

Open up the image you want to be the sticker in Photoshop CS2.

Now, drag a box over the entire image, and then click Select, then click Save Selection

Now in the new dialog box, create a new channel, name it Alpha (you dont have to)

Now save as... and set the new save filetype to TARGA (.TGA)

make sure before you save that the box beside Alpha Channels is selected.

Save it. Now copy that newly saved file and paste it into the folder you created and put the icon for your sticker in.

Now, just rename that new file as Sticker.tga

and thats it! :) Have Fun!
Me:
I am a new man, I'm unplugged. Like you, apparently free.
God:
Congratulations.
Me:
Thank you.
http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/main.html
2GB RAM, RAEDEON X1650PRO 512 MB & AMD ATHLON 64 X2 2.4GHz (2 64-bit cores)

naki_speedzer
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu

Re: How to create stickers from scratch.

Post by naki_speedzer » 11 Sep 2008 04:03

hey im up to the part where you say in the new dialog box make a new channel.... is this in photo shop and what do i do?

chronick1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: united forever

Post by chronick1 » 25 Oct 2008 17:24

thanks for the help ....it works fine and im chuffed.nice n simple to understand in my noobie opinion what was needed thanks again,any chance u can tell me how to strighten stickers once in tm ?ty again

chronick1
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: united forever

Post by chronick1 » 25 Oct 2008 18:08

hey man no worries found out how to align stickers cheers

seraulu1
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: n,bjhg
Manialink(s): dtyjfyu

Post by seraulu1 » 26 Feb 2010 13:12

zara678
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by zara678 » 26 Jan 2011 10:02

Thanks alot

wilbert
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS

Post by wilbert » 27 Jan 2011 08:49

You can also make stickers with a free program called Paint.NET http://www.paint.net/

then follow this little guide...

1. Go into the Trackmania Folder and create a folder called Stickers if you dont already have it, for me it is..
C:\Users\Willo\Documents\TrackMania\Painter\Stickers

2. Create a folder with what you want to name the Sticker (Like Flag, or Ball) in the Sticker folder

3. Start paint.net click: file, open and select your image

4. Before saving your "Sticker" click on the "Image" tab and select "Resize" change the size to 128x128 "Do Not Maintain Aspect Ratio" (little option to turn it off at the top).

5. Save your image ( save as ) "Sticker.tga". Remove the tick from the box at bottom "compress (RLE)" do not close the image yet, you still need it.

6. Now save it as "Icon.dds" when you do this a Setting menu will pop up. In the Settings area select "DXT5 (Interpolated Alpha)" Under the Compressor type use "Interative Fit (slowest/HQ)", Set Error Metic to "Uniform", and lastly check both of the boxes under Additional options at the bottom. then select "Ok"

So if you have made a Sticker of a flag, you will have created a folder called flag in your Sticker folder. In the folder called flag you put your 2 files that you created called Sticker.tga and Icon.dds.

When you start TM and choose your vehicle to paint, click on stickers and use your new sticker. sometimes your sticker does not look right, just click on one of the stickers built into TM, the back on to your own and it shoult now look ok.