TMSiaB II - Linux LiveCD with XAseco, MAseco, Fast3 & [LIVE]

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Re: TMSiaB v2.0.1 - Bootable Dedicated Server on CD

Post by lille79 » 14 Sep 2009 21:30

NO need to edit matchsettings-files.

Adding maps:

Place the maps you want in the /GameData/Tracks/Challenges/
Go to Browser
Find the maps you want by browsing the "tree", and check the tracks you want.
Press Submit below.

To remove the maps running on the server, go to Challenges, check the ones you don't want and choose remove challenges at the bottom -> Submit.

I encourage people to try how stuff works, because you'll learn from trying. :thumbsup:
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

KillerStephen
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by KillerStephen » 14 Sep 2009 21:53

Any tips for my current issue?

Edit: Not sure what happened, but none of the RCP4 stuff works in game.

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Merlin » 15 Sep 2009 05:36

KillerStephen wrote:Ive noticed in the server window that the [Live] tab goes away and Im guessing that may be the cause.
Yes it is! -> If the Live-Tab disappears -> [LIVE] is crashed ( never ever had the opportunity to see this -> Live is normally stable )

Simpleway to Restart:
If you want to bring it back -> Restart the whole Server ( there is a button in TMSiAB )

Advanced way:
Rightmouseclick on Desktop -> Choose "Open Terminal Here" and type in:

Code: Select all

/opt/lampp/htdocs/rcp4/live.sh
You should´nt do this if a Serverplugin is already running! :D

Hint1:

TMSiaB is configuring ALL Plugin after you´ve clicked on "OK" to start the server ( but is starting only the selected one... )

If you want to "switch Plugin". For instance: You will try XAseco instead of remoteCP[LIVE] and the Dedicated Server should be alive ( such as: Players are on the Server ) :

Close the Plugin ( the TAB or if you started in above mentioned way the Window ) and type for

for XAseco TMUF/TMNF:

/opt/tmons/XAseco/AsecoTMU.sh
for MistralAseco 8.1 ( only TMUF/TMNF ):

/opt/tmuf/MistralAseco81/Aseco.sh
for remoteCP[LIVE] ( only TMUF/TMNF ):

/opt/lampp/htdocs/rcp4/live.sh
For the Fast3-Plugin... i need to look at my PC this evening ( haven´t a TMSiaB at work *G* )

Hint2:

If you´re not InGame-Admin even though the [LIVE]-Tab is running:

It´s a safetyfeature in [live]. You have to verivy "to be admin" within the gamechat using the command:

/su GivenPasswordInRemotecpForYourTM-Login
Standard in TMSiaB:

/su admin
should work... :D

KillerStephen
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by KillerStephen » 15 Sep 2009 12:08

Ive gotten it running now. Not real sure what I changed or did different this time. I completely deleted everything related to that virtualbox and just redid the whole process. it ran stable all last night, crashed once while I was in RCP after first starting the server, but once I got it going It was fine. The thing that seems to cause it is either....

Loading a serversettings, or matchsettings file.. Last night I setup a new one without saving or applying either settings file and around 50 maps. it seems to be ok. Yesterday though, something strange was going on. It was almost like LIVE would just timeout on its own and close regardless of if I did anything in RCP. Even if I restarted the server, like clockwork LIVE would shut down. If I reconfigured a new server, LIVE would shut down.

Either way, thanks for the commands. Im sure Ill probably need them at some point. I may have it running now, but Ill definitely do everything I can to break it. I cant stop messing with it. I know theres probably alot more it can do.

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Merlin » 15 Sep 2009 12:42

KillerStephen wrote:Loading a serversettings, or matchsettings file.. Last night I setup a new one without saving or applying either settings file and around 50 maps. it seems to be ok. Yesterday though, something strange was going on. It was almost like LIVE would just timeout on its own and close regardless of if I did anything in RCP. Even if I restarted the server, like clockwork LIVE would shut down. If I reconfigured a new server, LIVE would shut down.
That is a point for Sascha in his remoteCP4-Forum.

Any plan to to run TMSiaB more than a few hours? If and only if ... it would be better so setup a old PC and install it! ( Could be a very old one - 300 MHz, 256 MB RAM and a 5 GB Harddisk are more than enough )

Don´t think, it´s good to run a 24h-Server in a Virtual PC :D

One question:
KillerStephen wrote:Even if I restarted the server, like clockwork LIVE would shut down. If I reconfigured a new server, LIVE would shut down.
What do you mean with "Restart the server" ?

Stop and Start the Server?

If there is no Server to connect with - remoteCP[LIVE] will END naturally !

TheCrow
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by TheCrow » 15 Sep 2009 14:55

lille79 wrote:NO need to edit matchsettings-files.

Adding maps:

Place the maps you want in the /GameData/Tracks/Challenges/
Go to Browser
Find the maps you want by browsing the "tree", and check the tracks you want.
Press Submit below.

To remove the maps running on the server, go to Challenges, check the ones you don't want and choose remove challenges at the bottom -> Submit.

I encourage people to try how stuff works, because you'll learn from trying. :thumbsup:
This may sound really stupid but does this apply for xaesco or rcp?

KillerStephen
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by KillerStephen » 15 Sep 2009 16:27

Merlin wrote:
KillerStephen wrote:Loading a serversettings, or matchsettings file.. Last night I setup a new one without saving or applying either settings file and around 50 maps. it seems to be ok. Yesterday though, something strange was going on. It was almost like LIVE would just timeout on its own and close regardless of if I did anything in RCP. Even if I restarted the server, like clockwork LIVE would shut down. If I reconfigured a new server, LIVE would shut down.
That is a point for Sascha in his remoteCP4-Forum.

Any plan to to run TMSiaB more than a few hours? If and only if ... it would be better so setup a old PC and install it! ( Could be a very old one - 300 MHz, 256 MB RAM and a 5 GB Harddisk are more than enough )

Don´t think, it´s good to run a 24h-Server in a Virtual PC :D

One question:
KillerStephen wrote:Even if I restarted the server, like clockwork LIVE would shut down. If I reconfigured a new server, LIVE would shut down.
What do you mean with "Restart the server" ?

Stop and Start the Server?

If there is no Server to connect with - remoteCP[LIVE] will END naturally !
Im working on getting another pc put together to set it up for more of a long term thing. For now Im happy with what Im getting out of virtual box minus the few problems which seem to have been taken care of. I have ran it for more than 24 hours though, with no problem. It wasnt till I restarted the virutal box or the server that some problems arose.

As for restarting the server, Im meaning hit "Kill all tm server" and then clicking "start previously configured server".

EDIT: To clarify, Ill restart the server that way, LIVE will come up in the black box next to TMUF, and shut itself off within 10-15 minutes of restarting the server.

Definitely a big thanks for the tmsiab, and for helping me with some of the issues Ive had. I really appreciate that.
Last edited by KillerStephen on 15 Sep 2009 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Merlin » 15 Sep 2009 17:24

KillerStephen wrote:As for restarting the server, Im meaning hit "Kill all tm server" and then clicking "start previously configured server".
OK... it´s like you´ll wondering about "Why the hell is my hairdryer out of function when unpluggin it from the power outlet?" :D
KillerStephen wrote:Definitely a big thanks for the tmsiab, and for helping me with some of the issues Ive had. I really appreciate that.
Your welcome :thumbsup:

>>>EDIT<<<

Updated Tutorials in www.wiki.tmu-xrated.de:

* TMSiaB - Install in VirtualBox ( in Windows )
* TMSiaB - Network Setup
* TMSiaB - Windowsshares - Exchange data between Windows & TMSiaB
* TMSiaB - Upload tracks with remoteCP4

210 Downloads of v202 from around the world ( from russia to australia ).

Feedback? :D

KillerStephen
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Re: TMSiaB v2.0.2 - Bootable Dedicated Server on CD

Post by KillerStephen » 16 Sep 2009 19:25

Servers been running in virtual box for over 24 hours so far without a hiccup. Im gonna keep it going and see how long it will reliably run.

Server info if anyone wants to check it out...

Name: LOLUMAD?

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist

Re: TMSiaB v2.0.2 - Bootable Dedicated Server on CD

Post by Merlin » 17 Sep 2009 11:47

Good to hear :D

Info:

You can use the following direkt link ( TM will automatic start and join ):

Join LOLUMAD

or for any other page:

tmtp://#join=LOLUMAD

Running smooth ^^

thebigguyconnor
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): uns

Re: TMSiaB II - Linux LiveCD with XAseco, MAseco, Fast3 & [LIVE]

Post by thebigguyconnor » 15 Oct 2009 13:49

Hey Merlin,

I'm running TMSiaB II on an old P4 standalone (no virtualbox), but when i start my server, the XAseco says loading in 20 Seconds, and when i go to the Trackmania tab in that command line window, it doesn't load, its just a blank command line window.

Then once the 20 seconds are up, it just times out. I've tried resetting my machine a couple times. Any suggestions?

Thanks

KillerStephen
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by KillerStephen » 16 Oct 2009 23:05

I wish I could help you, but Im not sure I could really help.

You could try starting the server and or Xaseco manually in terminal windows instead of using the interface..?

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Merlin » 27 Oct 2009 09:59

thebigguyconnor wrote:Hey Merlin,

I'm running TMSiaB II on an old P4 standalone (no virtualbox), but when i start my server, the XAseco says loading in 20 Seconds, and when i go to the Trackmania tab in that command line window, it doesn't load, its just a blank command line window.

Then once the 20 seconds are up, it just times out. I've tried resetting my machine a couple times. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hmmm... don´t know what to do....

The Trackmania-Tab isn´t show any information? Strange :)

I´ve had running TMSIAB on a 733 MHz Celeron with 128 MB RAM without any problems... Maybe your Hardware is defect?

btw. 1400 Downloads of TMSIAB II since release and no feedback ( except a few "what can i do" ) :roflol:

nada
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: sunrise tmu tmuf

Post by nada » 02 Nov 2009 15:34

hi merlin
great work !
for me as a gameserver nothingchecker
works in virtual machine (so i don´t need 2 pc) and also live on my desktop-pc and my acer notebook
just wonder were to put autolimit for xaseco ?
works in mistral and fast but not in xaseco

for the ones having problem with starting the server and a plugin - my error was -> i did not forwarded the ports in my router

have fun and a good day

sorry for my long forgotten schoolenglish

edit:
the earlier versions of puppy were much easier to full install
could be it´s a bug in this version of the universal installer
doesn´t matter - just playing around =
boot tmsiab II from a 16gb usb stick under 2 minutes
http://ul.to/hyz090