usbTMNserver v1.91 by lille79

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

usbTMNserver v1.91 by lille79

Post by lille79 » 08 Jan 2008 20:25

Hi all!

I've put together a new version of usbTMNserver, original idea, and originally created by Caipirinha, and since everything is upgraded I call it version 1.91.
The webserver is updated (php, apache, mysql)
Aseco 0.93
RemoteCP 3.3.2 (with the 3.3.0 browser since I couldn't get the 3.3.2 to work)
The TMN-server is the latest available (TmDedicatedServer_2006-05-30)

For the people that aren't familiar with the first usbTMNserver, I can tell you that this is a full Dedicated Server with all functions and specs with aseco to handle records, all the functions from Xymphs latest Aseco/Rasp release and the great RemoteCP 3 to control the server. The only thing you need to do is forward your ports(which I have specified in the Setup and Tips-file), and edit two files to get the server up and running.

I have written a Setup_and_tips-file for you to read before installing the server, so I highly recommend that you read it to get a successful result.

Known issues:
There are two error-messages when starting Aseco, but those should not have any effect regarding stability or function.
I have tried to get the english as correct as possible, but I'm not native english speaking, so bare with me :)

I have personally tested it, and a few of my friends have tested it, but I hope people can give comments on what could be done better and other ways to improve the setup-instructions so it is as easy as possible to use.

Hope this can be of use :D

Will just want to thank Caipirinha for his idea with the usbTMNserver, and creating the original 1.0 version. That was what gave me the insight in setting up TMN-servers, and the inspiration to make this new version.

Here's the download link:
http://files.filefront.com/usbTMN+v1911 ... einfo.html

Latest version is 1.911, which have two dedicated.cfg-files that are easier to edit + have fixed the LAN-server option. It didn't work because I had made an error in one of the startup-files. Other than those two things its identical to 1.91

/SSRlille79
Proud TMN-leader of the Super Sheep Racing team
Last edited by lille79 on 31 Jan 2008 18:24, edited 9 times in total.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Re: usbTMNserver v1.9 by lille79

Post by m&o » 08 Jan 2008 23:01

I used the usbTMNserver long time ago for a start and it whas easy to use, no instal of php mysql and all stuff. might be a good idea to also launch a plugin pack whit it because proberly the people that start using it are not formiliar whit this stuff. and make sure you be ass fast as that xymph is whit his updates because he is fast:P

havn't tryd this though because that would be usselles:P

:1010 :1010

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 08 Jan 2008 23:07

my usbTMNserver has the full release by Xymph :) All plugins included.

/lille79

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 09 Jan 2008 01:43

Excellent. I have been wanting RemoteCP on my server for some time now but I didn't know how to set it up with the older version of usbTMNserver. And I really like how you can set up two servers.

:1010

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 22 Jan 2008 18:32

Upgraded the setup and tips a bit, and added thanks to Caipirinha for the original version and idea. Without him I never would have got the knowledge and idea to make this updated package :-)

/lille79
/lille79
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

reggiep
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: usbTMNserver v1.91 by lille79

Post by reggiep » 25 Jan 2008 13:32

Wow Thanks this is really great. I have been trying to be able to run a LAN server in one end of a school building but needed to admin it from the other end.
One problem, however, is that the aseco cmd window keeps going to "press any key to continue" after a track change and then aseco stops running!
So it will run for one track only then quits!

It's not so important for me as I can remote the server now but it would be nice to know if I could do something to fix that problem?

Thanks

Reg :1

reggiep
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by reggiep » 25 Jan 2008 14:53

Sorry, a bit of an update. Aseco quits out sometimes after during the middle of a race as well. :oops:

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 25 Jan 2008 15:08

I've noticed that in the 0.93 release sometimes myself lately. Haven't found at good reason and what's causing it, cause it's rather random it seems. Will look at it, and probably release a new version when another version of Aseco is released. Sorry I can't help you at the moment reggiep. Maybe Xymph has an idea about it. As mentioned I've also seen that Aseco has suddenly just stopped without errors. Actually on my own server setup also. Will try to have a look at it when I've got more time.
/lille79

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 25 Jan 2008 16:51

Sorry, without an error message I have nothing to go on. v0.93 runs stable on my public server under Linux for days on end (e.g. 10 days earlier this month until I restarted it to incorporate some code tweaks) with my maximum of 22 players being reached multiple times every day. It only crashes (with a GbxRemote related error) on my private TMN & TMU test servers because I'm still experimenting to find the optimal GbxRemote version.

On Linux the shell log file created by Aseco.sh should always have an error message upon a crash, as even the PHP errors are logged there. The Aseco.bat on Windows doesn't appear to do that and I don't even know whether it can be done (WinXP is something of a handicapped environment to run servers on anyway :wink: ) but that's what would be needed to get the final PHP error upon a crash, and thus a clue as to where to look for a problem in Aseco.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

V3nRaY
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by V3nRaY » 27 Jan 2008 00:07

I get this warn:

Code: Select all

mysql_connect<>: can't connect to mysql server on "localhost" <10061> on line 73 in file C:\users\eigenaar\desktop\usbtmn_v1.91\tmn\aseco1\plugins\plugin.localdatabase.php
[ASECO Fatal Error] [Local DB] Could not authenticate at mysqpl server! on line 74
plz help me!

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 27 Jan 2008 00:46

Is the mysql-server running?
/lille79

V3nRaY
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by V3nRaY » 27 Jan 2008 13:36

NVM! I allready got it working.

new question xD: how can I add commands? so when I do like /nedsite our site will come up!
and the /teamname fuction.. how can I add that one?
also aseco turn off every 20-30 minutes

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 27 Jan 2008 16:08

Xymph wrote:Sorry, without an error message I have nothing to go on. v0.93 runs stable on my public server under Linux for days on end (e.g. 10 days earlier this month until I restarted it to incorporate some code tweaks) with my maximum of 22 players being reached multiple times every day. It only crashes (with a GbxRemote related error) on my private TMN & TMU test servers because I'm still experimenting to find the optimal GbxRemote version.

On Linux the shell log file created by Aseco.sh should always have an error message upon a crash, as even the PHP errors are logged there. The Aseco.bat on Windows doesn't appear to do that and I don't even know whether it can be done (WinXP is something of a handicapped environment to run servers on anyway :wink: ) but that's what would be needed to get the final PHP error upon a crash, and thus a clue as to where to look for a problem in Aseco.
I may Have found something
djarrett wrote:HI all
Great work BTW :D
I think i found an error ppl are looking for, in regards to the Aseco stopping randomly...
i found this line in php

[PHP Warning] unpack() [http://www.php.netfunction.unpack]: Type V: not enough input, need 4, have 0 on line 601 in file C:\Program Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC\Tmn\aseco\includes\GbxRemote.inc.php

I don't understand so i removed the line

<plugin>plugin.tmxinfo.php</plugin>

From
C:\Programs Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC\Tmn\Aseco\plugins.XML

and my server seems to be doing well

TMN
Windows XP

Hope This Helps Someone

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 27 Jan 2008 16:31

It's strange, but I have experienced it on my own server also, using Xamppp which means another setup than what I use in the usbTMNserver. It might be that there is an error with the setup in the webserver, so any help solving it on my part would be appreciated. Any webserver-geniuses who can make the setup better are very welcome :) I'm certainly no expert, but trying to figure out more and more...

As Xymph said it is difficult to find out more, but I will try to test with 0.92b and the next Xymph-version when it comes out. I have another solution, but if it crashes on every map it's not an ideal one. It seems most people don't have much crashes, but some have many...

ps. If it has something to do with the tmx-stuff, I'll remove it myself, and see if it makes a difference. (even if it's a very very cool feature)
Last edited by lille79 on 27 Jan 2008 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
/lille79

V3nRaY
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by V3nRaY » 27 Jan 2008 16:33

lille79 wrote:It's strange, but I have experienced it on my own server also, using Xamppp which means another setup than what I use in the usbTMNserver. It might be that there is an error with the setup in the webserver, so any help solving it on my part would be appreciated. Any webserver-geniuses who can make the setup better are very welcome :) I'm certainly no expert, but trying to figure out more and more...

As Xymph said it is difficult to find out more, but I will try to test with 0.92b and the next Xymph-version when it comes out. I have another solution, but if it crashes on every map it's not an ideal one. It seems most people don't have much crashes, but some have many...
thnx for the info.. but thats not my question :O.. I asked how to add commands to aseco, hihi