Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2011-02-21)

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2008-07-30)

Post by BReMFoX » 03 Aug 2008 05:41

Can you join your server through LAN?
If so, you might have a NAT Loopback problem.

tora|HellMan
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Re: Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2008-08-05)

Post by tora|HellMan » 06 Aug 2008 18:02

Hello all!
I'm trying to launch TMNF server on FreeBSD and it returns message:

Code: Select all

ELF binary type "0" now known
./TrackmaniaServer: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
I reloaded zip-archive with server for several times (maybe it was corrupted) but it hadn't helped.
Maybe someone here can help me? :D

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 07 Aug 2008 20:49

The skin on tracks problems in the old TMN server is it fixed in this one?
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

tora|HellMan
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by tora|HellMan » 10 Aug 2008 18:57

I've solved the problem.. Use brandelf -t TrackmaniaServer command...

vigge
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by vigge » 12 Aug 2008 11:44

[tmf@viggeswe TMF]$ ./RunTrackmaniaServer.sh
Starting TmForever v2008-08-05...
Initializing...
Configuration file : dedicated_cfg.txt
Loading system configuration...
...ERROR: Unable to read the configuration file.
...Could not load the system configuration
Loading cache...
...OK
Listening for xml-rpc commands on port 5000.
Trackmania server daemon started with pid=12202 (parent=12201).
what should I do?

Nvm, fixed

Zoeff
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by Zoeff » 17 Aug 2008 12:49

I have a problem with the relay server, i start up all 2 servers first the gameserver then the relay server, all settings are good, the servers are running. But i only can join the gameserver, and if i try to join the relayserver it doesn't work:(
Can annyone help me? :roll:

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by hal|Sascha » 18 Aug 2008 14:50

do you used different port settings for the relayserver?
forwarded the new ports?
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

Zoeff
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by Zoeff » 20 Aug 2008 17:42

done, and it works ty :gobananas:

muscleburn
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by muscleburn » 05 Sep 2008 14:48

Hi guys, Ive read through this entire thread, tried everything on it that I think relates to my problem...but I still have a few porblems....I am trying to run servermania v0.97 with trackmaniaserver 2008-08-05 I have 4 computers connected on LAN which we can connect to the server via LAN but would like to connect via internet for obvious ladder points and the like, friends can connect via the internet but get the UDP fail falling back to TCP...i am using ports 2351 and 3451 and getting reports that they are open i also use port 5002 and that reports that its stealth....can anyone help with these 2 issues that i have....im running winxp pro and have a belkin router...any help would be much appreciated.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 05 Sep 2008 21:49

muscleburn wrote:Hi guys, Ive read through this entire thread, tried everything on it that I think relates to my problem...but I still have a few porblems....I am trying to run servermania v0.97 with trackmaniaserver 2008-08-05 I have 4 computers connected on LAN which we can connect to the server via LAN but would like to connect via internet for obvious ladder points and the like, friends can connect via the internet but get the UDP fail falling back to TCP...i am using ports 2351 and 3451 and getting reports that they are open i also use port 5002 and that reports that its stealth....can anyone help with these 2 issues that i have....im running winxp pro and have a belkin router...any help would be much appreciated.
Sounds like you have the ports fowarded correctly for the server. only other thing too check is the ports you have set for the game. if your on the same network the server is on both your PC that you play the game on and the server can't use the same ports. so if the server is using 2351 and 3451 make sure your game is not using those ports.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

muscleburn
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by muscleburn » 06 Sep 2008 10:21

Thx for the quick reply jackel, there is no game running on the pc where the server is and all the other pc running the game are set to ports 2350 and 3450.. it is difficult to find out what message people get who connect from the internet but I think when I get a winsock.dll error from the server pc is when they get the meassge falling back to TCP but its difficult to know for sure...this is why I would like to be able to connect to the server via online rather than LAN....I think with my limited knowledge of networking that this can be done to make the server think that my other pc connection are from the internet and not the LAN...

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Jackel » 06 Sep 2008 16:36

muscleburn wrote:Thx for the quick reply jackel, there is no game running on the pc where the server is and all the other pc running the game are set to ports 2350 and 3450.. it is difficult to find out what message people get who connect from the internet but I think when I get a winsock.dll error from the server pc is when they get the meassge falling back to TCP but its difficult to know for sure...this is why I would like to be able to connect to the server via online rather than LAN....I think with my limited knowledge of networking that this can be done to make the server think that my other pc connection are from the internet and not the LAN...
ok, there's a strong chance Winsock.dll erroring is the cause of your problems seeing it involves your network, go here http://www.dll-files.com/ and find winsock.dll file and insert it where the instructions say too and see if that resloves your issue.

Also what's the name of the server I could see what is happening on entry. also if your router supports NAT-Loopback i.e. Gaming mode in some routers you can connect by way of the internet instead of LAN

muscleburn
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by muscleburn » 06 Sep 2008 19:46

Thx Happy Cruiser, The name of the server is TAR Forever in UK/Scotland...my router is a belkin ADSL with high-speed mode wireless G, i know it has NAT but not sure about NAT loopback the NAT is enabled. When I try and connect via internet I get 'connection to MY WAN IP:2351 failed or disconnect from server (10061)', yet everyone else can connect to it ok, except when I get the winsock error which I will fix thx for that.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Jackel » 06 Sep 2008 20:09

muscleburn wrote:Thx Happy Cruiser, The name of the server is TAR Forever in UK/Scotland...my router is a belkin ADSL with high-speed mode wireless G, i know it has NAT but not sure about NAT loopback the NAT is enabled. When I try and connect via internet I get 'connection to MY WAN IP:2351 failed or disconnect from server (10061)', yet everyone else can connect to it ok, except when I get the winsock error which I will fix thx for that.
NP. poke around your router and see if it has an option called Either Gaming Mode or NAT Loopback, it's usually in a router advanced settings most times, not sure where too look in a Belkin router. but if your router has it that's what is needed to make it possible for you too connect by internet. it basically does as it's named it allows you too loopback too a Pc on your network from the internet.

muscleburn
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by muscleburn » 06 Sep 2008 22:52

Thx again Happy Cruiser, im now beginning to understand my problem...and as ive found out no belkin routers have NAT loopback so its a new router for me can you recommend or give me a few examples of a wireless router/modem that does have NAT loopback.