Autosave Replays

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Autosave Replays

Post by JumperJack » 04 Sep 2008 17:27

hello,

i had two questions concerning the option to autosave all replays made in my server.

the first is, if autosave replays is on, where the hack are these replays saved. what i found out by using the forum's search function would be the 'replay' folder, but i can't find them.

the second is, since i haven't found the replays yet, i would want to know whether (in the case of a rounds/team server) the replays are saved per round, or per track (so all the rounds together in one replay, as long as the track is played).

thank you in advance,

JumperJack

Qbert
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMO

Re: Autosave Replays

Post by Qbert » 04 Sep 2008 21:42

I ran a server on TA and autosaved replays, my thought was to create videos with lots of cars on my tracks. My replays was saved in :
*Servercatalog*\Gamedata\Tracks\Replays\Autosaves

Dont know about Rounds or other modes...but in TA the replays of a single racer is not saved, a created replay contains all the cars playing at the map and it's lenght is equal to the lenght of the TA time. So I guess it's the whole map's races that are saved in roundsmode also. You will find out when you finds the replays :D

Gl!
ImageImage

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 05 Sep 2008 07:46

oh how stupid, i searched in the autosaves folder of my normal trackmania directory!! :roflol:

thanks a lot, going to check it out!! :1

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by TMN » 25 Feb 2009 00:32

I have a question here. Is it possible to save each players run, as a single replay file?
In autosave? if yes... how.. if no.. why :)

Shady..
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 25 Feb 2009 15:12

i think its not possible, the simple reason is that there are less files saved. so probably this uses less space on the harddisk. why would you need every replay as a single file? if you want to you can delete some cars from each replay...and save the replay anew

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 26 Feb 2009 10:56

TMN wrote:I have a question here. Is it possible to save each players run, as a single replay file?
In autosave? if yes... how.. if no.. why :)
No
Using a script you could save the player best run (using SaveBestGhostsReplay ), but not each run.

TMN
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by TMN » 26 Feb 2009 12:09

yeah slig, i was thinking about this onr. i will make a script that saves top times of each player. We are hosting a competition and going to make a video from the top 10 players. So this will be the best way to do it i think. I make the script run at onEndRace ? i cant test it now.. but i think this will work.

Shady.
>>--- Join us at Catch Gamer 100k server in NOR. ---<<

dump_weed
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): dumpserver

Post by dump_weed » 09 Mar 2009 18:14

Just a note on this, I have it enabled on one of the servers i have and i found that it generates a 20k-1mb file depending on how many racers are on the server each time a track is raced.

You can soon end up with 50-100mb of files on your server :-)

Im hoping to grab the fastest raced tracks and place them on the website for the racers to go look at at a later date.

cheers
Dump_Weed

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 09 Mar 2009 18:33

TMN wrote:yeah slig, i was thinking about this onr. i will make a script that saves top times of each player. We are hosting a competition and going to make a video from the top 10 players. So this will be the best way to do it i think. I make the script run at onEndRace ? i cant test it now.. but i think this will work.
I had used it at PlayerFinish (when the time was better, and overwritting the previous one when a better was done), btw it should also work at EndRace i suppose.

oegge
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: United

Post by oegge » 09 Jun 2015 18:45

well this thread is very old. but maybe someone will read it

this is also about autosave:
I have an idea for a k-Project-server.
so my question is if it is possible to modify the autosave so it saves every replay on the server(but everyone for itself not 5-10 replays in one)

i would be very happy for an answer