The big Dedimania discussion

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Bloody
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: The big Dedimania discussion

Post by Bloody » 06 Mar 2010 04:08

API changes coming up? Hopefully some folks will explain these changes in detail, since i'm running a customized server with a manually added XASECO Dedimania plugin. I can't just upgrade to the newest version since i'm running a custom system. Hope the changes wont get too complicated..

rpdo
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by rpdo » 12 Mar 2010 18:00

Any news about the new version??

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 12 Mar 2010 21:40

rpdo wrote:Any news about the new version??
when i will have some time. I'm way too busy at my job these weeks...

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 28 Apr 2010 15:27

It's time for another, minor update to this list. Below are the tools/versions that are now disabled for Dedimania, with bold indicating the changes since the previous list.

ADEDIMANIA: before v0.7 as well as v0.8(a)
ADEDIMANIA: v0.7 on Aseco v2.1.6 and v1.0 on Aseco v2.0b
ASECO/RASP: all v0.xx
ASECO_CALSMURF2: before v2.2.0c
ASECO_CDV: all
ASECO oddball: all
CAR: all
FAST: before v3.1.3o in the v3.1.x series, all in v3.2.0 series, before v3.2.1u in the v3.2.1 series, and before v3.2.2c in the v3.2.2 series
NeSCo: all
Onyx: before v3.1.4
RCP: before v4.0.3.4
SATO: before v1.0
TM-DeReCo: before v1.2 (except DeReCo v0.5/0.6)
TMSC: all except V1.0-2.0.2
TMSPS: before v0.3
TRUCK: before 9.08.17
XASECO: before v1.06
various testing/oddball versions

As before, most of these are rarely used anymore or have never been used, but old controllers have various bugs in their Dedimania implementation (not to mention the rest of their system :wink: ) and need to be phased out. Eventually, upcoming changes to the Dedimania API which should reduce/eliminate misplaced records, are likely to require all servers to upgrade to the latest versions of their respective controllers.

Edit: disabled remaining CAR version too.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 28 Apr 2010 19:36

Xymph wrote:CAR: before v0.8
NeSCo: before v0.4c
You could remove these, since the development stopped and the controllers aren't used anymore.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 28 Apr 2010 20:53

I have rent a new server for Dedimania today (far more expensive :( ). I will try to configure it, then do the migration, next saturday/sunday.

GS-Liam
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: All

Post by GS-Liam » 28 Apr 2010 21:01

Slig wrote:I have rent a new server for Dedimania today (far more expensive :( ). I will try to configure it, then do the migration, next saturday/sunday.
If you need a cheap high spec one Slig, I can provide you with one, We have many high spec dedicated servers online, Shoot me a email or visit our site for more info :thumbsup:
Thanks, Regards
Liam Bishop
E-mail/Msn: Liam@Gaming-Solutions.com
Xfire: gsliam
http://www.gaming-solutions.com

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 28 Apr 2010 23:00

GS-Liam wrote:If you need a cheap high spec one Slig, I can provide you with one, We have many high spec dedicated servers online, Shoot me a email or visit our site for more info :thumbsup:
Too late... The current server is a Q6700 / 4GB, so this time i have taken an i7 / 12GB with both SSD and classic HD. Your prices are not bad anyway.

GS-Liam
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: All

Post by GS-Liam » 28 Apr 2010 23:02

Slig wrote:
GS-Liam wrote:If you need a cheap high spec one Slig, I can provide you with one, We have many high spec dedicated servers online, Shoot me a email or visit our site for more info :thumbsup:
Too late... The current server is a Q6700 / 4GB, so this time i have taken an i7 / 12GB with both SSD and classic HD. Your prices are not bad anyway.
No worries, If you need one in the future or a upgrade hit me up i could sort you out with a good one :thumbsup:
Thanks, Regards
Liam Bishop
E-mail/Msn: Liam@Gaming-Solutions.com
Xfire: gsliam
http://www.gaming-solutions.com

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Apr 2010 07:39

TheM wrote:
You could remove these, since the development stopped and the controllers aren't used anymore.
Well, it doesn't hurt if they aren't used anyway, but it keeps the remaining list of enabled controllers clean, so okay, last CAR version disabled too.
And it turns out all NeSCo versions had already been disabled previously but I hadn't marked it in the list above, so that's corrected too now.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 29 Apr 2010 09:17

Xymph wrote:
TheM wrote:
Well, it doesn't hurt if they aren't used anyway, but it keeps the remaining list of enabled controllers clean, so okay, last CAR version disabled too.
And it turns out all NeSCo versions had already been disabled previously but I hadn't marked it in the list above, so that's corrected too now.
Okay... thanks :)

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

Post by xai » 30 Apr 2010 14:04

I quote myself from another post:
Maybe you can try something with advertisements?Although that will still be hard since your site is mostly ingame based.

Another thing you can try of course is to make the dedimania server more efficient(although I don't know how efficient it is now). If for example you'd convert it all to Java or C#(if it isn't already) and run the database in postgresql I bet you can handle much more than PHP with mysql.

My final idea(also the hardest) is to make some kind of system that can distribute the load over more than 1 server. So that people can choose to give you a part of their own server.

EDIT: Or maybe change from XMLRPC to another/own protocol to remove some overhead xml has(although it is small, it's still there)
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 04 May 2010 08:29

The Dedimania service migration (to its new server) was done yesterday (monday).

It was finished in early morning, but some routing issue on the transfered dedimania ip made it not reachable, so the service was finally unavailable until end of afternoon, sorry.

Timeouts should have disappeared now.

haker0srb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by haker0srb » 05 May 2010 05:07

Really great job Slig :1
International >Click to Join<

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Jun 2010 18:49

It's time for more housekeeping. Below are the tools/versions that are now disabled for Dedimania, with bold indicating the changes since the previous list.

ADEDIMANIA: before v0.7 as well as v0.8(a)
ADEDIMANIA: v0.7 on Aseco v2.1.6 & v2.2.1 and v1.0 on Aseco v2.0b, v2.2a & v3.0.0
ASECO/RASP: all v0.xx
ASECO_CALSMURF2: before v2.2.0c
ASECO_CDV: all
ASECO oddball: all
ASRM: before v1.75
CAR: all
DeReCo: before v0.6
FAST: before v3.1.3o in the v3.1.x series, all in the v3.2.0 series, all except v3.2.1u in the v3.2.1 series, and before v3.2.2w (except v3.2.2c) in the v3.2.2 series
FeniX: all
NeSCo: all
Onyx: before v3.1.4
RCP: before v4.0.3.5
SATO: all
TM-DeReCo: all
TMSC: before v0.09*
TMSPS: before v0.3
TRUCK: before 9.08.17 in the 9.* series and before 10.06.24 in the 10.* series
XASECO: before v1.08
various testing/oddball versions (like the unofficial XASECO 2.5.2)

As always, most of these are rarely used anymore or have never been used, but old controllers have various bugs in their Dedimania implementation (not to mention the rest of their system :wink: ) and need to be phased out. Eventually, upcoming changes to the Dedimania API which should reduce/eliminate misplaced records, are likely to require all servers to upgrade to the latest versions of their respective controllers.

Edit: disabled more obsolete TMSC & TRUCK versions.