Queue Bug, or?

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Queue Bug, or?

Post by twoeagles » 08 May 2009 07:49

I have been having a problem on my dedicated 24/7 in TA with what I believe is a queue bug, but I am not sure... It is only a minor nuisance, so no big deal, but if there is a cure for the problem I would like to know; I've done a search in FAQ for the words queue & bug and nothing like this that I've seen... :ftw:

When I am in spec mode in-game on the server, running the RCP or whatever, and decide to join and play, I am put first into position 1 and then almost instantly to "you have a free spot" and play. Within 1-10 seconds afterwards, sometimes during countdown for the race or within a few secs of starting, and I am put back into spec mode. The server is a 100Mb full duplex, running Xaseco and Fufi Widgets, so I am wondering if there is a coding conflict, a latency issue, setup problem, or whatever else it could be? I can provide more info if needed, and anyone knows how to deal with the problem, or if it is a new one, then thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: The problem is sporadic, it does not happen every time I leave spec mode, and sometimes happens more than once in a row, and sometimes only once.

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Re: Queue Bug, or?

Post by El Fuego » 11 May 2009 09:25

Any server/Xaseco logs for when this happens?

Might be worth posting this in the Toolbox forum - Xymph is more likely to see it there. :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 11 May 2009 09:50

El Fuego wrote:Might be worth posting this in the Toolbox forum - Xymph is more likely to see it there. :)
I read this forum too. :wink: But this sounds like a possible problem with the AutoQueue plugin, and that's Fufi's department. Unfortunately he's too busy IRL lately and doesn't visit the forums often, let alone work on his plugins. :(
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 13 May 2009 07:25

LOL k thanks Xymph, perhaps if he should get time to take a look or if someone can contact him and mention it he would give it some attention. It's not a very big problem, just a minor nuisance that may need looking into, so thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

@ El Fuego: Yes, I have all server logs and will be happy to post the relevant info when F***fish gets around to looking into it LOL :D

Greco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by Greco » 15 May 2009 12:22

yes its a bug. More fuctions of autoqueue not work.
Fu..fish i think will fix this problem.
This bug work only if you have queue possitions and use kick action to a player.If you use force spec manually you will not have this bug