Linux, Dedicated and PF elements ?!

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

haker0srb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Linux, Dedicated and PF elements ?!

Post by haker0srb » 12 Mar 2010 06:28

Hello community,
I have a little problem with the server that runs on Linux. Maybe the problem is generally related to dedicated server regardless of the Linux. To simply try to explain I played the next track without any problems in the solo mode:

http://nations.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... &id=545859

When I put the track on the server PF start simply does not work. This is not happening only to NATION tracks, but with almost all the tracks that have an PF element on self. Like
French Vibes and so on.

Has anyone had similar experience and whether there is a solution ???
Server is the last that came out for the TM and use xaseco controller 1.10 which is also the latest.
International >Click to Join<

CavalierDeVache
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmu tmn tms tmo

Re: Linux, Dedicated and PF elements ?!

Post by CavalierDeVache » 12 Mar 2010 07:25

If you have random validation seed enabled in the servers config it will randomly break PF maps.

Random seed is intended to prevent people from recording macros and racing automatically in competitions and is not normally needed except on ROC or high ranked servers.

Paris69
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Paris69 » 12 Mar 2010 07:46

old nations PF tracks (or with PF start) are (mostly) not functional in TMF. the physics was changed.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Mar 2010 08:10

Yes, some TMN tracks with PF starts are broken in TMF... But I can certainly attest that both Cool Speed I & II are both entirely compatible with TMF -- we've been running them on LR since the very day TMF was released without a problem. Other classic TMN tracks like ApocalypSnow and Full Monty were broken, but with the help of our community trackbuilders we've been able to port them to TMF without any discernible changes.

However, if you enable the 'changing validation seed' in the server config, which slightly alters the player's position at every start in order to prevent racing via macros, you'll break many PF starts, whether the track is TMN or TMF.

If you still can't get Cool Speed to work, visit the Let'sRock!! server in the USA. You'll see it works perfectly fine, and can download it from there just in case we have an older more compatible track version.

haker0srb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by haker0srb » 12 Mar 2010 14:32

CavalierDeVache wrote:If you have random validation seed enabled in the servers config it will randomly break PF maps.

Random seed is intended to prevent people from recording macros and racing automatically in competitions and is not normally needed except on ROC or high ranked servers.
That is exactly what is happening :wink:
The word randomly suggested possible answer because the problem has not happened in equal intervals as well as always.

Thank you all for your help :3
International >Click to Join<