[Server Stats Tool] Trackmania Servermonitor

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

[Server Stats Tool] Trackmania Servermonitor

Post by svens » 22 Dec 2010 19:12

Hello guys,

This is a project I started about 6 months ago, I had too less time to finish it before. So I'm very proud that it's in a stable status now. It's called "Trackmania Servermonitor" and basically does two simple things. It connects to your server once a minute, counts the number of players/spectators and records the game mode. After that it makes graphs out of it.

See an example of the test server here:
Image Image
Image Image

Find it here: http://sm.dimension-servers.ch/

Get the source code: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27341&p=190303#p190303

I'm currently a bit low on time, so if you have any issues, first try to connect to your server with my serverviewer (register/login, add the server, click on "test" on the servers tab). As soon as it works with the serverviewer, feel free to post here, pm me or use the contact form on the page.

It's still a beta version, I don't guarantee that there won't be down-times or other problems. Fetching the data from a lot of servers isn't very easy, in order to guarantee that there isn't too much delay the timeouts are quite aggressive (since I don't want to start one thread per server).
The service is free for you if you've got a reasonable ammout of servers. If you've got a lot of always empty or offline servers, I'll probably delete them after some time. Also please don't hotlink the graphs, link to your servers page instead. You honour my work this way.

I'd like to thank Ant for beta testing.

Looking forward reading your comments, bug reports and flame posts here :).
Last edited by svens on 30 Jan 2011 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: [Server Stats Tool] Trackmania Servermonitor

Post by Xymph » 22 Dec 2010 19:34

General word of warning (in no way inferring anything good or bad about this particular service): opening your server's XML-RPC port to the outside world is inherently a security risk.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 22 Dec 2010 23:15

It is a nice tool though, very nice work Svens :thumbsup:

Bueddl
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU/N(F)

Post by Bueddl » 26 Dec 2010 12:58

It's very nice =)

But I aggree with Xymph here...
maybe you should change the input method.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by svens » 26 Dec 2010 14:26

That's why the firewall was invented...

However I'll add the ability to use proxy scripts (like the serverviewer) to solve this problem.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 08 Jan 2011 06:30

You can always ping his domain, and enter his resolved ip under xmlrpc_allowremote. Though even granting 'User' access gives chat rights, so as with sven's previous tools a certain amount of trust is implied.
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by svens » 30 Jan 2011 01:39

The reception of this tool has been a little under my expectations. However since it's successfully monitoring my servers here, it's been worth the effort anyway.

The source code is now available for download from my website: Servermonitor (or direct: sm_2.zip). The file includes a step-by-step installation guide, it should be doable by anyone with basic console knowledge. Note that it won't run on Windows.

If you have any problems, I'm here to help. But be sure to have read the readme and do a bit of googling before you post, it's a question of respect.

ipm
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMUF
Manialink(s): 1a6MYI

Post by ipm » 13 Jul 2014 06:03

Hi. Sorry my english is bad... pls reupload or new download link for source code servrmonitor with graph. Very thanks....