HELP! Whats with this NAT :?

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMO,TMN,TMESWC

Re: HELP! Whats with this NAT :?

Post by Cyber » 11 Jan 2011 00:41

Ant wrote:Well thats just the manual for the router, I don't need to see that. All you need to make sure of is that your server can be seen from the outside world (portforwarding) and that you have setup a static ip on your host pc for the router to forward everything to (which I have given you a link above to help you out)

Wait I think i'm getting it i know what you mean is it that when you start Servermania it will show the IP on there and then add that ip to something so the router can let the host go through
Dangerous, Smart and Fast?:
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 13 Jan 2011 18:08

Going to try to explain this nice and simple... really should make an updated FAQ (current one is more than a bit outdated).

First you need to find your current network ip settings, and then 'force' them as defaults so your network IP doesn't magically change on you, rendering your port forwards null. There's hundreds of guides on the net.. http://portforward.com/networking/static-vista.htm

Seems you already found your router manual, so I'm guessing you can figure out how to read it. Login to the router management page (typically the ip address of the default gateway you should have looked up and configured above), then configure a port forward rule under Forwarding Rules->Special Ap for your server port to your now static private ip address.
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Cyber » 14 Jan 2011 02:25

Hello are you guys Lisitening or reading my previous posts oh look ill say it only one more time and thats it my router is not a LAN its A Wireless 3G although it only has 1 LAN Port i'm Still Not Going to connect it too that and 2nd of all my one is a Windows 7 and when i tried that all it said was media disconnected throught every single tunnel Adapter etc... SO its not working its showing up nothing like that
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Cyber » 14 Jan 2011 02:31

Ant wrote:Well thats just the manual for the router, I don't need to see that. All you need to make sure of is that your server can be seen from the outside world (portforwarding) and that you have setup a static ip on your host pc for the router to forward everything to (which I have given you a link above to help you out)
Ah but you didn't have a good look did you? it even tells about the NAT Function So if you can figure it out i just gave you that link just to give you an idea
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 14 Jan 2011 03:14

Did You try the link I gave you in This Post

You don't need to worry about the nat warning from the server its harmless, also if you did install the Microsoft loopback Adapter, is that enabled along with your internet connection as well ?

Your router manual should at least tell you how to use its interface to forward any ports, so you need to setup a static ip on the server host pc (use the guide in my above link) and forward the necessary ports for a tm server to it (router manual).

Also try resetting the modem and router - switch them off then switch on the modem, wait for it to boot then switch on the router and try again.

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Cyber » 15 Jan 2011 02:59

Ah yes that is helping me and im not quite sure of that loop back adapter also do i have to reset my computer when i take out my 3G out of my computer usb port then into the router then start the router do i have to reset my computer?
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 17 Jan 2011 19:48

I didn't quite understand that, you shouldn't need to reset the computer though - just the modem/router.

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Cyber » 18 Jan 2011 02:08

Ok ill give you an update soon
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 18 Jan 2011 21:41

Just because there is only one pc hooked up to your router doesn't mean you aren't on a local area network. Also, the loopback adapter has absolutely nothing with forwarding ports (outside of a proper NAT/UPnP setup, which is nothing more than a security risk)-- all it does is suppress an error message of no real relevance. I've tried explaining it to you several times, so I'm ready to chalk it up to a lack of comprehensive abilities, if not just a sheer lack of intelligence. At this point I'd simply suggest you put your router into DMZ mode, which will just forward all data to your connected pc without any local networking (huge security hole, but oh well). In any case, good luck..

No point trying to help this guy any further... he's already linked the manual to his router, which has incredibly simple instructions on how to forward ports (which he hilariously suggested we read, instead of reading it himself). There's only so much 'hand-holding' that can be done until you just have to leave it up to them.
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Cyber » 01 Mar 2011 00:50

yeah yeah alright don't have to make a remark
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !