server for spectators

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

server for spectators

Post by jouko100 » 18 Jan 2011 09:31

i want dedicated server only for spectators.If i put in dedicated config max players is 0 it dont work.
How to do it :roll:

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: server for spectators

Post by jamie_macdonald » 18 Jan 2011 09:40

try making a relay instead? then least no one can drive there :thumbsup:

You just need to create a normal server (passworded if you want no one to drive it) ...and make another one to join the login with the pass in the shortcut/sh

For example:

./TrackmaniaServer /dedicated_cfg=YOURCONFIG.txt /join=YOURACCOUNT /joinpassword=YOURPASS

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 18 Jan 2011 09:47

there is lot of servers where u get text only spectators allowed when u click join. Ofcourse i can make password but players can see it in serverlist and dont come in to read comment

i will try relay server

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 18 Jan 2011 10:03

jouko100 wrote:there is lot of servers where u get text only spectators allowed when u click join. Ofcourse i can make password but players can see it in serverlist and dont come in to read comment

i will try relay server
Maybe you could also do something on the ladder limit? ...like LP range 999.999-1,000.000 ? It could also work i guess.

There is also the queue plugin thats possible to "play around" with, could help out for a firm method.