ManiaLive/Freezone and other controllers.

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

ManiaLive/Freezone and other controllers.

Post by Knutselmaaster » 09 Feb 2011 01:48

Hey all,

I ask this question on behalf of the freezone server admins that run other controlers in combination with ManiaLive.
As i'm freezone moderator, i found out that most servers that run Xaseco break the freezone rules, because during the forced spec players can still chat (haven't seen other combinations yet).
As you can read here running Xaseco (or any other servercontroller) at the same time as ManiaLive/Freezone is not forbidden by Nadeo.
But, the freezone rules may not be broken by this combination.
SaTaNaSDiaBoLo wrote:
Mort wrote:Is all this for real?

Hang on a sec.... I just checked my calendar at April 1st isn't for another two months yet!

So to get a server into freezones it will be a non-ladder server, buried in amongst the other freezone servers, that already paying United players have to keep paying for each week and we have to run a bunch of other code and plugins that aren't compatible with uor already nicely setup server configs?

Can someone please explain how all this jumping through hoops is going to help Nadeo? Now not only are the Nations players limited by the freezone changes, but now the people who want to host servers have to do so under very strange and restrictive conditions?

Questions:
1. If I was to setup a FreeZone server of my own, are the Nations players still limited to the play a round, spec a round thing?
2. Why isn't the plugin etc just posted in the Toolbox rather than on another forum.?
3. As there is no info about it on the other forum, will the plugin work on a FAST server?
You can run your server with the ranks you want, if you want to host a 80k ladder server in the freezone you can do it.
You are also free to choose, the tracks and the game mode you want to use on your server.
For the third question, the plugin doesn't work on FAST, but you can do like gekko or Bueddl and run ManiaLive and your usual dedicated manager. But there can be conflict between them.
So you can try this at your own risks.
As stated, use at your own risks, in other words, if it breaks the freezone rules, the risk is that your server will be "un-freezoned"

Now, i don't want this topic to turn into a discussion about if this is right or wrong, and what people think about the freezone rules.
But everyone must agree that it is not fair to server admins that follow the freezone rules find their servers empty because there are other freezone servers where chat is still possible in forced spec.

So, is there someone that can explain clear and simple how to make Xaseco/Aseco/Fast/Gery compatible with ManiaLive/Freezone, please explain or link to the explaining topic.

The Freezone moderators will continue closing down Freezone servers that do not follow the rules, my advice to server admins with servers that have compatibility problems is to shut down their servers, or to stop using the incompatible server contoller untill a solution has been found.

ps don't kill the messenger......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

A working solution to run ManiaLive/freezone in combination with Xaseco has been found, i visited several servers where it works well.

Firstly, you need to install Reabys Freezone to Xaseco adaptor
If you don't run any widgets, this should be enough.
However, this plugin does not work well in combination with Fufi widgets.
So you need to disable them, or if you really want widgets on your server, use Undef.de's Eyepiece widgets and edit it a bit:

find

Code: Select all

$xml .= getCustomUIBlock();
and change to

Code: Select all

//$xml .= getCustomUIBlock();
After this eveything should work well.

Note that I don't know if it works well with every other existing Xaseco plugin, i suppose that there are more plugins that break Freezone plugin functionality.
Before putting your server in 'real' freezone mode, you should always test it in test mode and check thoroughly yourself if:
  • A nations account is forced into spec once every 5 tracks.
  • In forced spec, chat is not possible
  • When in forced spec, logging off and back on to the server keeps you in forced spec, and chat is still impossible.
  • Your "what is freezone" widget is visible (not behind other widgets) and functional.
Thanks to Reaby for this plugin and everyone else helping test and providing information.
Last edited by Knutselmaaster on 03 Mar 2011 16:43, edited 10 times in total.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Re: ManiaLive/Freezone and other controllers.

Post by svens » 09 Feb 2011 02:15

This should be filed as a bug in ManiaLive/Freezone Plugin, so the devs can fix it.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 09 Feb 2011 07:56

Well, in fact it is not a bug in ManiaLive, it is not being conceived to run next to other controllers, but as a stand alone controller.
I don't think that you can call it a bug at all.
If running fast and xaseco at the same time gives problems, nor Xymph nor Slig will say that it is a bug they will fix.
It is more a problem that arises for people that want to run a freezone server, and want it to have all the functionality of their favourite controller.
That simply is not possible with the actual "standard" packages of the different controllers.
As ManiaLive is still very young, it cannot compete yet with the other controllers in number and quality of plugins.
We must not forget that freezone servers did not have any functionality at all not longer than a few weeks ago, and thus every functionality that is added must be seen as a good thing.

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by JagMan » 10 Feb 2011 07:00

I didn't seen anywhere that rule :( ... Maybe Xymph or someone will help us here.

Regards!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 10 Feb 2011 08:18

JagMan wrote:Maybe Xymph or someone will help us here.
I don't even have spare time to work on XAseco features that I want to add, let alone on this Freezone stuff. :roll:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Paddy93
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS

Post by Paddy93 » 10 Feb 2011 09:32

In my mind this system is quite ****! I recieved several emails from manialive mods to fix the problem, but I never knew that there is a problem with XAseco! I have updated my systems everytime after my message from them, but now my freezone was taken...In my mind the Manialive Mods should think about it to make the chat possible for forced spectators...so this problems will not be in future...furthermore you should give the freezones back to that ones you have deleted, cause this system with the chat is quite senseless and as you can see, a lot of other hosters have the same problem ...

Please think about it!

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 10 Feb 2011 09:51

Yesterday i found a lot of servers that have this problem, but also i found servers where it did work like it should.
So it is certainly possible to combine the two.
If you really want to run Xaseco with Freezone, you will have to do a little effort.
This is clearly stated, as quoted above.
By accepting the freezone rules when you register your server on the manialink you state to accept the rules, complaining afterwards makes no sense, you shouldn't have accepted in the first place if you did not agree with the rules.

Sorry for sounding a bit rude with my reaction, i just explain the situation.

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU TMUF
Manialink(s): maniahome

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 10 Feb 2011 09:59

The rules are clear, you must use ManiaLive and the plugin.
After if you use (X)Aseco or FAST, or I don't know which controller, it's your own risk if there is incompatibility but, the rules included in the plugin should be respected.
It's clear that there is some risk of incompatibility. It's like trying to use FAST with XAseco, it's clear that most of the time it won't works.
Imagecolor>

Paddy93
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Paddy93 » 10 Feb 2011 11:52

I have set up my server several times completely new...and didn't knew that there's a problem with aseco - maybe you should say that the problem is cause of aseco in your warnings, then I would have saved a lot of time...

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 10 Feb 2011 13:34

Paddy93 wrote:I have set up my server several times completely new...and didn't knew that there's a problem with aseco - maybe you should say that the problem is cause of aseco in your warnings, then I would have saved a lot of time...
As FreeZone server owner, it is your responsability to check that theFreeZone rules are handled correctly on your server !

If something is not working correctly, you have to verify using ManiaLive+FreeZone plugin alone :
- if it is still not working with ML alone, then report the problem on ManiaLive/FreeZone topics
- if it appears that the problem is caused by the use of other script at same time, it's up to you to correct it yourself (and share it), or to report the problem in the concerned script forums.

If you don't check it yourself, then i don't see why FreeZone moderators would have any confidence to let you manage again on FreeZone...

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by JagMan » 10 Feb 2011 14:31

i guess nobody will help us with this little problem just because you guys are to "proud" of your work... i think we all should use ManiaLive with all plugins and that's all

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 10 Feb 2011 14:50

Talking the way you do is not the way to a solution my friend.
Please stop spamming your personal opinion in this topic, the topic is here to try to find a solution to this small inconvenient as soon as possible as a community.
Not running xaseco for a few days, until someone has found the changes to be made, certainly won't kill you.

Paddy93
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Paddy93 » 10 Feb 2011 16:33

it would be nice if you could visit my server again ... i have fixed a lot of things, should work now with aseco and manialive
login: faculty.server1

and in case of not matching with the rules, i will stop that aseco directly, so please do not delete it instantly :) thanks

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by JagMan » 10 Feb 2011 18:56

First of all, sry for this little Off Topic.
hey Paddy93 can you answer to my Pm ?

ty in advance

Lambda
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU+F, TM²C

Post by Lambda » 11 Feb 2011 16:45

Today when I joined some freezone servers in (forced)spectator mode (mostly on FreeZone ServerFullSpeed02 and 03), I not had any problems with using the chat. Why they servers are not disabled?