Trackmania Server Question + Tool

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

aaroncm
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Trackmania Server Question + Tool

Post by aaroncm » 28 Apr 2013 10:11

Hey guys!

Ok, I have no idea if this is the correct category, but anyways, I have two things:

I have a server running, I believe it's in Nations mode. I bought United forever and only people who have a paid account can join. I believe free people who add the server to favorites can also join, but I couldn't get that working for someone.

I wanted to know, is there any way to allow people to join, if they're on a free account? I know there's Freezone, not sure what it is and if I can enable it without loosing anything. Right now it's just an Xaseco server with fufi widgets. Any help appreciated with that!

Also, I created a tool in C# that allows you (After setting it up) to manage Xaseco music and the TM track XML's. It's basically a click to open a song/track, copy the song to the appropriate directory and automatically add the XML entries program.

Not sure if a program like this exists and if it not, would it be helpful or not? I'll upload it if anyone is interested?

Thanks! :wink:

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: All. Just all.
Manialink(s): extreme34

Re: Trackmania Server Question + Tool

Post by eXtreme34 » 28 Apr 2013 11:54

Hi and welcome on the forum.
aaroncm wrote:Hey guys!

Ok, I have no idea if this is the correct category, but anyways, I have two things:

I have a server running, I believe it's in Nations mode. I bought United forever and only people who have a paid account can join. I believe free people who add the server to favorites can also join, but I couldn't get that working for someone.

I wanted to know, is there any way to allow people to join, if they're on a free account? I know there's Freezone, not sure what it is and if I can enable it without loosing anything. Right now it's just an Xaseco server with fufi widgets. Any help appreciated with that!
If your server contains only Stadium tracks, it's in Nations mode. To make it accessible for all players, you have to register your server to the Freezone manialink (sorry if I don't remember the address), pay 10K coppers for it, then pay 250 coppers more per week. If you want to remove your server, only the 10K coppers you gave at start will be given back. ;)
aaroncm wrote:Also, I created a tool in C# that allows you (After setting it up) to manage Xaseco music and the TM track XML's. It's basically a click to open a song/track, copy the song to the appropriate directory and automatically add the XML entries program.

Not sure if a program like this exists and if it not, would it be helpful or not? I'll upload it if anyone is interested?

Thanks! :wink:
A program like this doesn't exist yet, but that's a very good idea. Nice program. :thumbsup:
Visit my manialink (more than 1000 maps) : extreme34color>

aaroncm
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: Trackmania Server Question + Tool

Post by aaroncm » 28 Apr 2013 12:36

That makes sense. Thanks -
I might post a new thread on the tool - If you're interested just look for my next post. Hopefully others will find it useful.

Thanks =)