Need to create private server

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

mtaffer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMUF, Valley

Need to create private server

Post by mtaffer » 08 Jul 2013 07:10

Running into multiple problems. The first of which has to do with the player key I guess. I bought this on steam and did not ever get a "key"...I just launch it from steam. It goes to maniaplanet and my username and password is there and it just logs in.

I want to create a server on the internet for me and few guys I work with to play on.

I have downloaded trackmania server in a box. I'm confused about having to have another login? I have roadblocks that I can't seem to get past.

Yep i'm a Noob, but I got people waiting on my ability to get this done. I really need help.

Thanks guys,
mtaffer

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Re: Need to create private server

Post by »Enryx« » 08 Jul 2013 12:57

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum. ... 49501918cb

Better for TM2 help

Steam doesnt use keys anyway

mtaffer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by mtaffer » 08 Jul 2013 20:42

I didn't mention this was for United Forever Star edition did I? I'm trying to create a server for that...I just recently bought it off of Steam and gifted some copies to buddies...but some of them have the free version. I just want to create a server for us to play from time to time...it won't be up 24/7.

Anyway, I posted on the link you sent and that guy just sent me a read only board and told me to dig through the stuff to find out how...not helpful at all.

mtaffer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by mtaffer » 08 Jul 2013 20:43

If steam doesn't deal with keys, then how do I deal with that when asked for it...i'm really confused...

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 08 Jul 2013 21:31

mtaffer wrote:I didn't mention this was for United Forever Star edition did I? I'm trying to create a server for that...I just recently bought it off of Steam and gifted some copies to buddies...but some of them have the free version. I just want to create a server for us to play from time to time...it won't be up 24/7.
No, you didn't. Instead you said "It goes to maniaplanet" so Enryx referred you to the MP forums. As I said there, you have to be clear on which game you're talking about, and then use the appropriate forum for specific questions, after studying the available tutorials.

To set up a server that works for TMNF (the free version) too, you have to set up a Stadium server according to your tutorial of choice, then give the server logins to your friends to connect to. Take note of the Freezone regulations as well.
mtaffer wrote:Anyway, I posted on the link you sent and that guy just sent me a read only board and told me to dig through the stuff to find out how...not helpful at all.
That's because of your own confusion tactics. :wink: But yeah, TMarc can occasionally jump into the fray too quickly.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 08 Jul 2013 21:39

Steam doesn't use keys for Maniaplanet (I got Stadium² from Steam), I dont know about TMUF because I bought it as an actual CD with key printed on manual. ;)

mtaffer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by mtaffer » 08 Jul 2013 21:57

Hey guys, i'm sorry if I caused any problems. I'm just frustrated...
Last edited by mtaffer on 09 Jul 2013 13:24, edited 1 time in total.