TM - Matchsetting Manager v.1.0.1 Mulitlang. [2.0.0 soon!]

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 21 Jul 2006 15:33

Hmm? Sorry don't understand your problem ;)

When you are on the tab "FTP Settings" isn't it clear that you insert there the FTP-data?
It makes no sense to upload maps to an ftp server when there is no TmDedicatedServer!

Even "C:\Progs\TmDedicatedServer" makes no sense to use the upload feature becuase its NO Ftp :)

PS: Version 1.0.1 is out - a little bugfix when saving the settings to the *.xml file.

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 21 Jul 2006 23:08

ck|cyrus wrote:Hmm? Sorry don't understand your problem ;)

When you are on the tab "FTP Settings" isn't it clear that you insert there the FTP-data?
It makes no sense to upload maps to an ftp server when there is no TmDedicatedServer!
I know how to put FTP settings in and yes those were easy. You may not understand why it makes no sense, but there are plenty of reasons to FTP to a site without having the TMdedicatedserver there.

1. Storage of tracks for download on a team site.
2. Setting up a new site that WILL have the TMdedicatedserver on it, but doesn't at the moment because your "setting up" the site for it. And you wanted to test it.
ck|cyrus wrote:Even "C:\Progs\TmDedicatedServer" makes no sense to use the upload feature becuase its NO Ftp :)
When I put this in, I didn't understand if the directory it was looking for was the directory where my tracks were at on my system, or the directory on the server I was putting the tracks. It just makes no sense to me, why you need to FORCE the person using the program to have TMdedicatedserver installed BEFORE you can use the FTP. But its your program. I was only trying to help cuz I thought it was a bug :)

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 22 Jul 2006 06:59

Aah, now there is a light :wink:
If you had explained it a little bit further i had understand it :)

My program keeps the strukture of a TmDedicatedServer directory.

So if you insert in the FTP-settings for Tm-Dir
"Games/TM/TmDedicatedServer"
the program will put the matchsettingfile to
"Games/TM/TmDedicatedServer/GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/Internet/"
and the Tracks to the specified folder at the first Tab in the prog.
"Games/TM/TmDedicatedServer/GameData/Tracks/Thespecifiedfolder/"

But there is one mor question: do you need a matchsetting file for loading maps on a ftp to "Storage of tracks for download on a team site" ? In my opinion its nearly the same if you use a normal ftp program because you dont need to sort the tracks or create a matchsetting file :?:

Once again, thanks for your help :) It's good if things are discussed :D

ArTI
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by ArTI » 02 Aug 2006 00:00

Hi cyrus,

first, this is a tool I searched for, thank you so far :D Now I have a big problem building matchsettings with different directories for several tracks. Actually there are 484 tracks in 69 directories. Now I want to manage them by creating several matchsettings for rounds, training, expert and so on, but I can't create a matchsettings file or edit an existing with tracks from different directories.

For your understanding: my dedicated server ist not running on my own computer, it's on a linux-rootserver hostet in a computer center, so I wan't to save the created files local and send them to the server (not using FTP), just creating/editing matchsetting files and use them later. The local structure is exactly the same like on the server.

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 02 Aug 2006 15:40

First: Thanks ArTI :)

Second:
In the Mode "Create a NEW matchsetting file" simply choose the root directory where all 69 Trackdirectories are in. Then select the checkbox "Search subdirectories". Now you will see all 484 tracks and you can select every track to build a new matchsetting file.

Third:
If you are in the mode "Edit existing matchsetting file" you can open an existing ms-file an then add every track you want (multiple select) when you click on "Add Tracks". There you can choose your preferred tracks from every directory you want.

I hope i could help :wink:

Greets, cyrus[/u]

ArTI
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by ArTI » 02 Aug 2006 21:10

Thank you for your fast answer :-)
ck|cyrus wrote: Second:
In the Mode "Create a NEW matchsetting file" simply choose the root directory where all 69 Trackdirectories are in. Then select the checkbox "Search subdirectories". Now you will see all 484 tracks and you can select every track to build a new matchsetting file.
That's right, but there is only the main directory given in the matchsettings file, not the subdirectories. When I upload this matchsettings to the server, it can't find the tracks, because they are in the same subdirs but they are not given by matchsettings file. I hope this is a little bit more understandable :-)
ck|cyrus wrote: Third:
If you are in the mode "Edit existing matchsetting file" you can open an existing ms-file an then add every track you want (multiple select) when you click on "Add Tracks". There you can choose your preferred tracks from every directory you want.

I hope i could help :wink:

Greets, cyrus[/u]
The same problem here. Is it right, that all tracks have to be in the one directory specified at 'Trackdirectory on server'? If it is so, this would solute my problem: I only have to copy all the tracks into one common directory on the server and I can manage the tracks local in subdirectories and choose the tracks for the different matchsettings. Thank you for your help :-)

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 03 Aug 2006 17:33

Is it right, that all tracks have to be in the one directory specified at 'Trackdirectory on server'?
That's right :wink:
It would be an option to let you choose your Server directory for all selected tracks with TMMM. But i think that this would make the whole program more complicated, and the serverstrukture maybe too.

All Tracks you choose in the TMMM an generate a Matchsetting-File from them have to be in the given "Trackdirectory on Server".

Greetings,
cyrus

ArTI
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by ArTI » 03 Aug 2006 22:23

ck|cyrus wrote:
Is it right, that all tracks have to be in the one directory specified at 'Trackdirectory on server'?
That's right :wink:
It would be an option to let you choose your Server directory for all selected tracks with TMMM. But i think that this would make the whole program more complicated, and the serverstrukture maybe too.
Hm, not that complicated, but unnecessary for now. Again, good work and many thanks for building this tool! It really helps me out :!:

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 10 Oct 2006 07:19

Hello,

Cool tool, i didn't even see it yet so I'm glad i know about it now so I can also mention it in the linux tutorial:

I'd like to propose some options:

- subdir reading. (let the application read subdirs and let people check/uncheck which subdirs are read and saved inside the matchsittings file.
- support the sftp protocol for users who don't have normal ftp access to their linux shell..

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Crois
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Crois » 19 Feb 2007 19:40

plshelp me i canttake the right host/port what i should do he write me or can some one give me a ftp server :?:

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 22 Feb 2007 10:20

Hi Crois,

if you don't host your TMServer on a root server but on your local pc you can simply click on "Save Matchsettings locally".

So you don't have to specify a ftp connection!

Regards,
cyrus
Visit our Servers:
TMU: "chaoskrieger.com @Stadium"
TMU: "chaoskrieger.com @Rounds"
TMN: "chaoskrieger.com @Fun"

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 01 Jul 2007 21:25

Hi community,

only to tell you some status infos, i am working on a brand new version of the TMMM.
There were several bugs and nasty stuff in the TMMM 1.0.1 that will be fixed in the new release.

Here are some points on my list (some are done already):

Code: Select all

++ Better language support - community can write translations
++ FTP upload will be Threaded => no more hanging
++ Drag and Drop for tracks possible (files or directories)!
>> All tracks in list are added instead of selecting the ones to add (easier to handle)
>> Update Check corrected (wrong version was read)
Here is a little preview:
Visit our Servers:
TMU: "chaoskrieger.com @Stadium"
TMU: "chaoskrieger.com @Rounds"
TMN: "chaoskrieger.com @Fun"

Olymptor
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO, TMS

Re: TM - Matchsetting Manager v.1.0.1 Mulitlang. [2.0.0 soon

Post by Olymptor » 10 Jul 2014 16:33

Program bug and always write uid=U0ye1jSM6yvioCnlmOujHJ7Q0I8 on all tracks... i tested with only few "sure" tracks... always bug.

And how about new version ?

Thanks