TM - Matchsetting Manager v.1.0.1 Mulitlang. [2.0.0 soon!]

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 14 Jul 2006 16:45

I would love to load an existing file to modify it!

*wish*wish*wish*wish* ;)

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 14 Jul 2006 19:34

Mistral wrote:I would love to load an existing file to modify it!

*wish*wish*wish*wish* ;)
I agree with you. It would be great to be able to open an existing match file to edit/add/remove tracks.

I also noticed a few of the tracks I have didn't lose the color codes when I told it to hide. Not sure if its the fault of the name or the program. Example: $n$98q500cc_$zUSB-Pendrive.Challenge.Gbx I think it's cuz the q isn't a code so its skipping the whole thing.

LOVE the program though and I haven't gotten to really use it yet :P But thanks! It fills a great need.
http://www.RacingFreaks.Org

Quote From RFUnwavering:
Then she continues, "Why is it that sex is the only thing guys are interested in?"
I thought for a second and stated, "That's not true, I like Trackmania too."

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 14 Jul 2006 20:46

Thanks Guys for the great Feedback! Didn't knew that it could be so helpfull :D

Added to my To-Do-List:
  • -> Loading of an existing Matchsetting File and modifiing it (can be difficult because the file-path is unknown -> FTP-Upload will not be correct... i'm working on it)
Every setting in a Matchsetting File can be modified in my Tool.
Somebody knows if the
setfinish time after the first driver crosses the finish line?
is able to configure in the Matchsetting file?

@Dmdfreak: The Programm strips off colorcodes with following Format: Colors indicated with a "$" an then THREE signs out of the Pool [ABCDEFabcdef1234567890] (Hex-Code)
Besides it strips of tag formats like "italic" or "bold" -> a "$" followed by [iwsntmgz]
-> The Program cannot strip off wrong formatted Tracknames! (it's only a stupid program :lol: )

Your code was "$98q" and the sign "q" is not a valid color-code sign!
Last edited by ck|cyrus on 15 Jul 2006 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 14 Jul 2006 20:55

ck|cyrus wrote:@Dmdfreak: The Programm strips off colorcodes with following Format: Colors indicated with a "$" an then THREE signs out of the Pool [ABCDEF1234567890] (Hex-Code)
Besides it strips of tag formats like "italic" or "bold" -> a "$" followed by [iwsntmgz]
-> The Program cannot strip off wrong formatted Tracknames! (it's only a stupid program :lol: )

Your code was "$98q" and the sign "q" is not a valid color-code sign!
Not my track but I thought that might be the case. hehe. I'm not a programmer, so I wasn't sure if there was a way or not. So I figured I would bring it up :)

Thanks again!

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 14 Jul 2006 21:04

Yeha, thanks to you :)

Without criticism and feedback, improvement is difficult :)

Ok - cya tomorrow
my girlfriend is waiting :roll: :D

Goodnight!

Georgiooo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Georgiooo » 17 Jul 2006 16:59

It don't start on my computer...

I just install .net 2.0 and try to launch it. I only recevied a window asking me to send the error rapport to Microsoft :/

I downloaded it again and same problem :(

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 17 Jul 2006 17:03

Maybe you have an old version of .NET 1.1 or .NET 1.0 on your PC?
Try to uninstall both of these version and then new install .NET 2.0 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... B15C5E04F5

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 20 Jul 2006 13:44

Version 1.0 of the new "Tm - Matchsetting Manager" released!

Check the first Forumpost for the infos!

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 20 Jul 2006 14:37

May have found an error in 1.0

I'm trying to add an FTP. I do not have a TM directory setup, so I deleted the directory info. but when I hit the test FTP it says given "TMDedicated" doesn't exists on the server.

I realized after I started writing this, that it might be looking for hte directory on my end, so I pointed it to my TM directory, which is where my dedicated is running, and it still gave the error.

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 20 Jul 2006 15:18

Please write here the directory strukture of the ftp-server and what you entered in the TMMM.

I checked it once again and no error :?: , so please give me some data :)

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 20 Jul 2006 15:42

Well for one I entered nothing. then I tried the directory where I have TMN. Both gave the same error.

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 20 Jul 2006 16:09

Ähm ok i heard it ;)

And now please answer my questions so i can help you
Please write here the directory strukture of the ftp-server and what you entered in the TMMM.

I checked it once again and no error Question , so please give me some data Smile

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 20 Jul 2006 16:25

ck|cyrus wrote:Ähm ok i heard it ;)

And now please answer my questions so i can help you

I checked it once again and no error Question , so please give me some data Smile
I appreciate your help, but I'm not gonna post my login info here. The only thing other than that I can give you is the directory that I fill into the place that says TM-Dir My tm dir is the default for TMN. C:\Program Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC my dedicated server is in that folder. not a seperate one.

In case I'm not understanding what you asking for, there is no structure on the server I'm logging into with the FTP part of your program yet. Just the root directory. I was only testing the program out for the near future as I hope to move my dedicated over to my website.

ck|cyrus
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by ck|cyrus » 20 Jul 2006 16:33

I dont want you to post your original login data ;)

Did you read the Readme file? The path "C:\Program Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC" isn't a valid FTP path!
You can only upload the tracks and matchsetting file to a FTP when your TMDedicated is reachable through an ftp account!!
But when you have your dedicated server on your local pc you dont nee the FTP upload feature at all!

Don't understand... :?

Dmdfreak
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Dmdfreak » 20 Jul 2006 16:44

It's all good. Nevermind. I was only TESTING to see if it would go to my site BEFORE I have the site running a dedicated, so I will wait til I have it on the site before I go farther. Great update on the program BTW. Greatly improved over your last addition and thanks for the quick response. :)

*edit*
Did you read the Readme file? The path "C:\Program Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC" isn't a valid FTP path!
BTW I didn't read the readme file as the program doesn't take a rocket scientist to use. LOL I just didn't understand the one label "TM-Dir". If it said something like "Your Hosts TM Dedicated Dir" or something to that nature, I would have understood it better, and wouldn't have posted the question.

*edit*
Or maybe even state on the screen somewhere that you must have the Dedicated server running on your host site to use the FTP portion of the program? Just a thought :)