Is it possible to access TM server data?

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

ViggyNash
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM2 all

Is it possible to access TM server data?

Post by ViggyNash » 21 Jul 2016 23:00

I've been learning SQL and I wanted some data to play around with and I thought it would be fun if I used TM server data from a popular server like SpeedMania. User rank, times on different tracks, etc. Is that possible to do? If so, how would I do it? I'm gonna be using MySQL if that makes a difference (still learning how to work with that).

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Is it possible to access TM server data?

Post by Xymph » 22 Jul 2016 08:13

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:
Access to a dedicated server's XML-RPC port is only possible if that server's admin has allowed it for public connections, but that would be Really Bad Practice™.
Access to a server's controller data is generally not possible either as no controller comes with an public API for that sort of thing (AFAIK). The closest thing might be a website displaying some controller data, or a third-party plugin making some data available, but again, the server admin controls that.

For learning MySQL, setting up your own server with a MySQL-based controller (such as XAseco) and then fooling around with that, would be a more viable approach.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub