[TUTORIAL]Connecting to his own dedicated...in internet mode

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Re: [TUTORIAL]Connecting to his own dedicated...in internet mode

Post by w1lla » 24 Jun 2008 08:02

best thing to do is enable the dns server as it may stay online forever but it can be changed.

in that way you never have to manual edit things.

another thing set in your router the nat loopback off as it will not work to connect through internet

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

UKFC»ACE
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by UKFC»ACE » 25 Jun 2008 07:49

w1lla wrote:another thing set in your router the nat loopback off as it will not work to connect through internet
OMG!! Did you not read the first post??? That is what this whole thread is about!!! How to bypass NAT and play through internet on your own server. It's really very simple.

Katana
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN-F

Post by Katana » 27 Jun 2008 10:30

Why the hell does anyone wanna play through internet on his own network? Just use the LAN function to join..
If configured properly players from outside use the WAN acces and inside the network just use the LAN acces. Works without problems.
DB 100 Pax
Netherlands - Zuid Holland
100 player server. Only custom maps made by Dutch Bulldogs.

UKFC»ACE
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by UKFC»ACE » 28 Jun 2008 21:48

Katana wrote:Why the hell does anyone wanna play through internet on his own network? Just use the LAN function to join..
If configured properly players from outside use the WAN acces and inside the network just use the LAN acces. Works without problems.
Well if you read the thread or any of the numerous other threads covering this topic you would see that people who join over LAN can not score ladder points and that is why people want to be able to run their own server AND join over internet.#

Mods now that you are approving posts in the FAQ before going public... shouldn't post like "Why the hell does anyone wanna play through internet on his own network? " not be approved as it has already been answered about 4 posts up??

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Jun 2008 14:27

I just approve everything that's a reply to something without looking, since the intention was to only need approval for topics and not for posts, but Blahitis can't get that to work. I'm too lazy to look at every post before approving :P

UKFC»ACE
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by UKFC»ACE » 30 Jun 2008 08:33

Yea unfortunately phpBB3 only allows for 'Approval' on 'posts' and does not differentiate between New Topics and Posts.

arramus
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by arramus » 05 Sep 2008 04:44

It's hardly worth making my own server without being able to play on it and be rewarded so this tutorial is much appreciated.

I join my server from a different PC and apart from a warning saying 'could not establish UDP - falling back to TCP' everything works a treat. Thanks! :thumbsup:

rpdo
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by rpdo » 09 Nov 2008 00:26

Hello everyone

When you add an IP in Windows Vista it restarts my modem, then changes the ip and not advanced editing the same thing that happens is there any other solution. Sorry for my English google translate

Thanks Infini.Ty Rpdo

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 09 Nov 2008 18:28

rpdo wrote:is there any other solution.
- Party play -> On a local network
- change your router (for one which support loopback port rediractions)
- find a program which do network packet mangling on your playing computer (i did not succeed to find such thing for windows, if you do then tell me)

cyberbobpt
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by cyberbobpt » 09 Dec 2008 14:49

rpdo wrote:Hello everyone

When you add an IP in Windows Vista it restarts my modem, then changes the ip and not advanced editing the same thing that happens is there any other solution. Sorry for my English google translate

Thanks Infini.Ty Rpdo
Hello i have the same problem whit windows vista, i have done this on windows Xp pro and work perfectly, but now i have vista installed on my new machine, and could not join to my server on the same machine or network, could anyone help me, tank you.

acrox999
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: Nations Forever, DS

Post by acrox999 » 21 Dec 2008 08:31

I still don't understand how to configure with DHCP enabled. :(
Join TrackMania Unity now! Be one of us!
For Malaysian, join the first Malaysia dedicated server ever!!! Join Malaysia Forever server now!

error55o
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF,TM

Post by error55o » 06 Jul 2009 14:29

acrox999 wrote:I still don't understand how to configure with DHCP enabled. :(
DHCP is done from the PC thats sharing the internet using ICS (internet connection sharing) or from a router (ASDL or CABLE) if you routers not alowing DHCP, simply login to it and turn on DHCP, if it's a PC then you tell that in ICS to enable DHCP.

I run a server that had these types of issues, being savvy in how networks work on pc's (this is for XP but should work on vista too), I simply opened up the HOST file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and added 3 lines to the top to redirect the servers ip to my domain name (you can get them for free) like so -:

## START OF SERVER IP LOCKS
127.0.0.1 my.free-dns.org ##loops calls from pc to external ip
192.168.1.100 my.free-dns.org ##does same as above but ensures ip goes where you want it to
88.0.888.88 my.free-dns.ord ## makes external ip lock to pc and the free dns server
## END OF SERVER IP LOCKS

this lets any of my game servers show online

hope this info is helpful to some one, it can solve a load of connection problems with windows and game servers :) if it's not relevant I'll delete the post :)
Dream the impossible dream
http://e55o.game-host.org/

Nic-Nac
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmnf

Re: [TUTORIAL]Connecting to his own dedicated...in internet

Post by Nic-Nac » 24 May 2010 07:17

i have opened my server with servermania and i have configured my NAT BUT i can,t see my server online only at party play plz heeelp mee :?: :ftw: :?:

getlitleye
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: [TUTORIAL]Connecting to his own dedicated...in internet

Post by getlitleye » 30 Apr 2011 10:27

Hello Everyone...

I have read this forum and i got good information from here. Thanks for sharing this information.