How to add music to the Editor, Race and Menu

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Rafracer
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN

How to add music to the Editor, Race and Menu

Post by Rafracer » 16 Oct 2007 18:11

Do you grow bored of that eternal wind blowing, crickets making sounds, dogs barking, birds tweeting real quickly? Did you have enough of that menu music? Can't you stand one other loop of Alpine's race soundtrack? Have you played TMO, TMS and/or TMN and liked the music there much more? Do you want to have some music playing without having to keep Itunes or MediaPlayer in the background?

Well, here is:

Rafracers Guide to Editor, Race and Menu Music

Step 1) Convert the music you want to .ogg . Trackmania uses ogg vorbis-files for nearly all its sounds, music, whatever.
Step 2) Open My Documents/Trackmania United/Skins
Step 3) If they don't already exist, create 7 new maps and name them Speed, Rally, Alpine, Island, Bay, Coast and Stadium.
Step 4) Create in the Skins-folder once again a new map, and name it Music
Step 5) Open the Music map, and add two new maps named Race and Editor
Step 6) Go back to the Skins-folder, copy the Music-map, and paste it in each of the maps you created in Step 3
Step 7) Go to the enviroment you want to add music to
Step 8 ) In your enviroment's folder, click Music and then Editor
Step 9) Add the .ogg-music file you made in Step 1 to this folder (Which should be My Documents/Trackmania United/Skins/[enviroment]/Music/Editor)
Step 10) Launch TMU, go to Edit>New>[the enviroment you added the music to], and test it. Done!

(I dont know if this screen will make it more clearly, don't think so, but at least you get an idea of what i mean)
In the same way you can add additional music that will play when racing, next to the standard musics, but then you musn't place the music file in Music/Editor, but in Music/Race.

Finally, if you want to add additional music to play in the main menue (next to the standard tune), place those music files in My Documents/Trackmania United/MenuMusics (if it doesn't exist, create it)

I've made a file that contains all of the old music from TMO, TMS and TMN (Menu, Race and Edit), but it hasn't finished uploading yet. I will post a link to it as soon as it's finished.

The above message did not actually exist, and you just wasted a minute of your life reading a fabrication of your mind.

BDS14
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Re: How to add music to the Editor, Race and Menu

Post by BDS14 » 17 Oct 2007 21:52

how do i add music on TM nations? :|

Rafracer
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN

Post by Rafracer » 18 Oct 2007 12:02

Ah, right, forgot those...

You can do the same for Original, Sunrise or Nations, but instead of looking in MY DOCUMENTS, look in Program Files/Trackmania [Original, Sunrise or Nations ESWC]/Gamedata/Skins/[ENVIROMENT]/Music

In the folder Music, you'll already see a map named Race. Add a new map and name it Editor, and put the music you wanna hear in it. Or add music to the already existing Race-folder.

If you want to add new music to the menu, look in Program Files/Trackmania [O, S or N]/Skins/Menu/Music

You can also do this for TMU, but since TMU is the first TM with a folder in My Documents specially for this kind of stuff, you'd better put it there.

Remember: for new music to work, you first need to restart Trackmania if it's already running. If not, you can just launch it and enjoy your music in the editor (if you've done it correctly).

The above message did not actually exist, and you just wasted a minute of your life reading a fabrication of your mind.

BDS14
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BDS14 » 19 Oct 2007 10:12

thanks, only need to add some music to editor now :P

Supremacy
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TM and United

Post by Supremacy » 27 Aug 2008 14:44

Can i only add one song too one track or?

ty supremacy!

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 23 Nov 2008 10:04

Supremacy wrote:Can i only add one song too one track or?

ty supremacy!
You can add as much musics as you want
You only have to place the musics in the editor and/or race music folder you have to create.

elcara
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: CSF

Post by elcara » 12 Dec 2008 14:46

Can you give me a link to donwload a converter to convert from music.mp3 to music.ogg , please?

snipebase
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: SOF

Post by snipebase » 27 Jun 2009 22:21

Hello,

I've got a question about uploading a track with music in it.
I have made a few tracks with music in it, but when i upload a track there is no music with it.
I searched in my trackmania directory and i've found the music files of the tracks, but where do i need to upload these music files?
Can i upload the track file + music file to the server or how it works?

thnx

merodiq
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO

Post by merodiq » 25 Nov 2009 21:33

how can I add music to servermania? I have dedicate server

quesnelam
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO
Manialink(s): HTJJAQA

Post by quesnelam » 22 Dec 2009 06:54

How can you recover music files which have been deleted from the recycle bin for free? As my memory was running low, I decided to delete my music files. I later then realised that music from my ipod was missing due to this. I am able to locate these files whislt searching for them, but I cannot drag/copy & paste them back. Is there a way I can get my music files back without having to pay for an expert/program?

J-Play
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMSX, TMN, TMNF

Post by J-Play » 20 Jul 2010 00:35

Does the same thing work for TMNF?
J-PLAY

masterec
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by masterec » 13 Feb 2014 06:59

This is all good and well. What I want to know is, how to you add custom music to your track? I download tracks and then they have custom music built into the trackfile. How do you do that?