My server isn't accessable/firewall/router problems

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Niker
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: NFS: Nations Forever

Re: My server isn't accessable/firewall/router problems

Post by Niker » 25 Aug 2008 08:56

i also have the same problem on TMNF. I have configured my firewall, but in the TMNF main screen there's no config button! I go to profile>advanced, but there's nothing there that can help. Please felp?!?!?!...I mean, help?!?!?!?! :(

cyberbobpt
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by cyberbobpt » 23 Sep 2008 21:16

Hello sorry for mi English, i have done mi server on mi own pc, and its working fine for ohter users, but when i try to play the on the same computer i can connect to mi own server, coul you help me

djmv
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: pff

Post by djmv » 26 Sep 2008 10:25

look my modem confing how i can fix it?

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seezq8.jpg

maybe you can help me because nothing work

Rukula
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMF

Post by Rukula » 06 Oct 2008 18:14

You say

"Now add a port, give it an id (anything) if asked, give a public port AND private port of 2350 when/if prompted, click UDP. If asked for a host IP give the router assigned IP address.
Now add another port, give it an id (anything) if asked, give a public port AND private port of 2350 when/if prompted, click TCP. If asked for a host IP give the router assigned IP address again."

HOW do i add a port?

PLZ need answer

maurinho_rj
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by maurinho_rj » 20 Oct 2008 01:31

hello
i'm having some trouble here in my work
i need to know how to configure TMNF for playing it using my proxy but i dont know how to do it...
anyone could explain it?
here in my work is necessary i have a login with a password to use the internet...
and i just know the name of my proxy...

Cabluey
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Cabluey » 30 Nov 2008 19:22

Please help! I have done everything good, there is only one problem: IT DOESN`T WORK! I have wrote my IP, I have wrote 2350, but when I click the trackmania icon, then is the menu, then configure, then advanced, then network, and there i should write server port 2350, then p2p port 3450, then client port 0, then port broadcast length 10, use local network not tick, then IP address is 93.138.89.2 and then is the : and its empty. Should I write something there or should be empty? then is the black URL addresses, errors is ticked, and internet connection too, use proxy is not ticked, login and password is blank. Is everything OK here?

Meodread
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Meodread » 12 Feb 2009 08:39

what if there is no configure button or it can't be seen for some reason?

i have trackmania Nations Forever and it doesnt seem to have a configure button to do that part of the guide

Meodread
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Meodread » 14 Feb 2009 06:33

ok i have my isp ip and private ip, i have port forwarding setup according to the guide as well as TMNF network settings (found them and for anyone else looking instead of launching the game, in steam right click and click TMNF settings)

but still can't host a game, it can be seen without a problem but people get a cannot connect error.

does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be? any help or attempted help is much appreciated but it really could be my ISP that is the issue

xdriver
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUf

Post by xdriver » 25 Mar 2009 20:59

the tutorial worked fine for me

thanks!

carischila
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO

Post by carischila » 03 Jun 2009 10:39

Do i have to reinstall windows after i upgrade motherboard?
I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard and RAM and useing a new case, but useing the same hd,gpu.cpu,psu, etc. I was wondering if i had to reinstall windows. I dont have a windows cd, my original computer dell, didn't come with one and i cant get another cd from them. My new motherboard and old motherboard are kind of similar chipset wise. My old motherboard is a intel 945p and my new motherboard is a 945gc.

carischila
highway camper
highway camper

Post by carischila » 03 Jun 2009 10:40

Do i have to reinstall windows after i upgrade motherboard?
I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard and RAM and useing a new case, but useing the same hd,gpu.cpu,psu, etc. I was wondering if i had to reinstall windows. I dont have a windows cd, my original computer dell, didn't come with one and i cant get another cd from them. My new motherboard and old motherboard are kind of similar chipset wise. My old motherboard is a intel 945p and my new motherboard is a 945gc.

intavia
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by intavia » 05 Jun 2009 16:22

If anyone with the know-how is still watching this thread I need help please.

Every time I tried to create a server with TM Nations Forever I would get an error message telling me that I am not online and need to fix my NAT before others can join my game.

I searched this forum and ran across this tutorial on how to fix the issue and followed all the steps, but when I create the server I get the same error message even after doing all of that.

I am running behind a Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router, I'm not sure if that's the problem or not. Here's the steps I have done already following the tutorial:

Created 2 Network Connection Settings instances for TrackMania (UDP/TCP) at port 2350
Created 2 Ports in Exceptions for TrackMania (UDP/TCP) at port 2350 using the ISP given port not the router port.
Configured TM to access the ISP given port and told it to use Local address.

Is there any other steps I should have taken and missed somehow? Because I'm still getting the error about needing to fix my NAT whatever that means. Just in case I'm experiencing an error different than the others I'll post it here.

- Warning! -
You appear to be in a private network.
Unless you have configured your NAT,
other players on the internet will not be
able to join you...

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 07 Jun 2009 11:33

intavia wrote:Every time I tried to create a server with TM Nations Forever I would get an error message telling me that I am not online and need to fix my NAT before others can join my game.
[...]
Is there any other steps I should have taken and missed somehow? Because I'm still getting the error about needing to fix my NAT whatever that means. Just in case I'm experiencing an error different than the others I'll post it here.

- Warning! -
You appear to be in a private network.
Unless you have configured your NAT,
other players on the internet will not be
able to join you...
As has been mentioned many times in the Toolbox and other forums, this warning (it's not even an error message) can be ignored. Most if not all servers get that even when configured correctly. The only real litmus test is whether you and other players can connect to the server via Internet. You didn't mention you actually tried that, so that's the next step.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Spider_hip
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Spider_hip » 15 Aug 2009 21:58

Well I have another weird problem..

I create a dedicated server with xaseco with plugins..

I use 2352 and 3452 ports with dedicated. Beceause I read that kind of tutorial before which writes tmnf is better with these ports.

Whatever.. When I create a server, people can join to my server for a while, but I don't know why and when, after sometime , people cannot join to my server.. Sometimes if I relaise this and join to my server with online (not lan) some people can join again, but sometimes this doesnt work too..

I don't know why but for years , it happened like this.. sometimes it tooks like an hour to peep get disconnections and cannot connect problems, some times in 20 mins, sometimes after 3 hours.. It's dedicated and I cannot watch for it always..

Do you have any clue for its reason ?

pacella
highway camper
highway camper
Manialink(s): HTJJAQA

Post by pacella » 14 Nov 2009 07:16

Should i keep using windows firewall, or should i download a different firewall? I usually have always been content with windows firewall, but i have heard before that it sucks compared to the other possible options such as zone alarm or something like that etc. Is this true? What would you recomend? Thanks alot.