Modding Video Tutorials (Stadium) - 85min combined length

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

HawkGer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU

Modding Video Tutorials (Stadium) - 85min combined length

Post by HawkGer » 11 Apr 2010 22:08

As part of the RPG Community Mod Contest I decided to put a lot of effort in trying to make the learning process for the creation of environment mods easier. I figured that using videos would be the best solution for this.

The main tutorial consists of five parts and has a total length of 44min. It's a screencasting video, meaning you will see all my interactions on the PC.
It's basically showing all the steps necessary in order to properly edit textures and create a good-looking mod.
The three other tutorials are shorter and will give an overview of texture placement on surfaces, texture examples and an explanation on how to create Batch-jobs.

Overview of Diffuse textures applied on surfaces

ImageImageImage

44min long tutorial - Editing Textures
Part 1: Acquiring textures and images, Preperations, Editing StadiumPlatformD.dds, Seamless Tiling

ImageImageImage

Part 2: Seamless Tiling, Blending Images, MIP map effect, Normal and Specular maps, Avoiding Shadow Bugs, Creating the zip-file

ImageImageImage

Part 3: Editing StadiumCircuitD, StadiumFabricD and FabricFloorD, Creating Alpha Channels

ImageImageImage

Part 4: Editing StadiumPlatformFloorD, StadiumRoadD and StadiumWarpAuvent2D, Advanced Alpha Channel editing

ImageImageImage

Part 5: Packing the mod, Testing

ImageImageImage

Batching Textures Part 1

ImageImageImage

Batching Textures Part 2

ImageImageImage

Texture Examples Part 1

ImageImageImage

Texture Examples Part 2

ImageImageImage

I hope I was able to provide you guys with a bit of insight and knowledge into environment modifications. I'm not really an expert on this field either - I only have created one proper mod so far - so in case there are errors I have made in those videos feel free to correct me =)

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Modding Video Tutorials (Stadium) - 85min combined lengt

Post by Alinoa » 12 Apr 2010 12:37

GG :thumbsup:
Topic approved and posted as sticky :wink:
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 12 Apr 2010 12:57

wowzer Hawk, Epicly useful post ...now if only i had the time to mod all day heheh.

WP dude, any help like this for the community is allways appreciated (even by those of use with no time to impliment lol).

:1

HawkGer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU

Post by HawkGer » 16 Apr 2010 18:47

Thanks for that rewarding gesture Alinoa and glad to hear my work is being appreciated Jamie :) Just hoping some ppl will actually use it for practical purposes ^^