[TUTORIAL] classic Dedicated server updated : [20-11-2006]

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Revolted
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC

Re: [TUTORIAL] classic Dedicated server updated : [20-11-2006]

Post by Revolted » 07 Apr 2009 12:36

Hi, i've managed to make my own server running thanks to this tutorial and all the people comments.

It runs great, people connects fine over the internet and private network, but there is something wrong, for some people the server say's "you are in official mode" for other "you aren't in official mode", despite that, after a few races it does not give a score.

Does someone know whats wrong? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!!!

brianamersfoort
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by brianamersfoort » 31 May 2009 19:37

hello, i followed all your instructions and did everything you said, but when i click on server start, it says things like: Error the playlist file doesn't exist, what does this mean?

MurlynLAN
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United

Post by MurlynLAN » 27 Jul 2009 19:30

I installed the dedicated server, created a new account just for the server. I edited the cfg file to reflect these and started it on my server PC. I also setup port forwarding (the three ports mentioned) on my router.

When I run the dedicated ser it runs and loads up the tracks as it is supoosed to but I can not see it (either internet or lan). I can connect to it via file sharing and computer management on my xp box.

Any ideas of what I could look for now? I was running a NWN server previously which was working fine.

weyne
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: united

Post by weyne » 11 Oct 2009 09:47

Well, ive configured mi dedicatet cfg. as i want and everything runs well and it say play, i have opened port 2350m in myf firewall, but still i cant find the server? Anyone have any idea what i could try?
And i'm also lookinf fpr any site with some good guide for setting lical records for your server.
:)

pink baby
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by pink baby » 30 Nov 2009 12:09

hi everybody:) :* i also have a problem making the trackmania server :( does anybody here know how to solve this error? :cry:

XAseco] Try to connect to TM dedicated server on 127.0.0.1:5002
[XAseco] Try to authenticate with login 'xxxxx' and password 'xxxxxx'
[XASECO Warning] Invalid login 'xxxxxxx' - must be 'xxxxxx' in config.
xml !
[XASECO Fatal Error] Connection could not be established ! on line 691 in file G
:\Jocuri Instalate\TrackMania NationsForever - servar\xaseco\aseco.php
Press any key to continue . . .

please answer :lovetm