[TUTORIAL] classic Dedicated server updated : [20-11-2006]

Answers to the most commonly asked questions with both user created and official tutorials

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Cntdwn
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS TMN TMU

Post by Cntdwn » 06 Mar 2007 15:29

yea, i'm getting that too

my dedicated.cgf has it's servername specifed
when i create the server specs inside the game to create my Server.txt file, there is a server name entered beside Game:
both of those names are the exact same.
no spelling differences at all, literally did letter by letter

my target line for trackmaniaserver.exe is:

"D:\TrackMania Sunrise\TrackManiaServer.exe" /game=sunrise /dedicated_cgf=dedicated.cgf /game_settings=MatchSettings/Server.txt /internet

i have placed my Server.txt file in both MatchSettings and MatchSettings\Internet just to make sure

i have opened
yes, bound to a local static ip address

i have created a dedicated account user:pass from the link provided (is there a server key i should have? i used the one that came with the game?)
my dedicated.cgf server login and password have been set

i have changed non of the blue highlighted from the tutorial

Chromex
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Chromex » 13 Mar 2007 18:51

Im having problems with making a server. When i click on the shortcut made in step 11, the box that appears says that it doesnt find any tracks. I know that i saved the server settings at the right place.
The targetline for trackmaniaserver.exe is:

"C:\Program\TrackMania Nations ESWC\TmDedicatedServer\TrackManiaServer.exe" /game=nations /dedicated_cfg=dedicated.cfg /game_settings=MatchSettings/NFserver.txt /internet

Viper0807
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Viper0807 » 24 Mar 2007 13:47

I followed your tutorial. It was very good because everything went well from the first time.
The server runs, no problem with challenges only the NAT problem.
I have read several things about this but nothing helps.
So here is what I did.

I did configure that the ports used for Track mania Nations lust be forwarded to the server Pc.
I still get the same message and if I run the game my server is not visible in the list.
What can I do???

Kerosiini
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Kerosiini » 03 May 2007 16:28

Hello, I just registered here, and i have question:
How i can make dedicated server to look config.cfg? i got this window:

I have maded short cut for dedicated and made /game=nations /dedicated_cfg=dedicated.cfg /game_settings=MatchSettings/stunt.txt /internet

Larsi
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Larsi » 07 May 2007 21:03

Hi!

I got a very strange problem with my TMNserver in Linux. Suddenly, I can't get the server out on the internet. It seemed to happen when I upgraded the game to 1.7.9. I find that kind of strange, since the game and the dedicated server have nothig to do with each other. I have not configured, or changed anything..
The strangest part, is that the server seems to start, but it does'nt show up in the game.. So, I don't get any errors..

Hope someone can help me :)

Best regards
Larsi
CL of FMN

Romystator
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Romystator » 27 May 2007 15:02

I have a problem:

Mikoglace
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Mikoglace » 21 Jun 2007 16:12

Hi every body I've got a little prob.

I'm not english but french so please try to explain with simple word.

When I've launch my "start server" this marks:

Starting TmNationsESWC v2006-05-30...
Initializing...
Configuration file : dedicated.cfg
Loading system configuration...
...systeme configuration loaded
Loading cache...
...OK
UDP initialization failed.
Listening for xml-rpc commands on port 5000.
Loading dedicated server configuration...
...Dedicated server configuration...
Match setting file : Matchsettings\stunt.txt
Loading match setting...
... Match setting loaded
Server not started: no ServerName Specified.
Ready, waiting for commands

Please I need help I don't know what going wrong....

Mikoglace
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Mikoglace » 21 Jun 2007 21:57

Sorry for my last question I think I've nearly done it alone.
But I've got one problem left, when I connect to the game Tmn and after I launch my start serve it want connect:

UDP initialization failed...

When I'm not connect it works propeply. I can see my server on the game Miko's cupp!! in the GBR but I can't join the game. I am so close and I can't go in !!!!

PLEASE... PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME !!! I'm fedup I've been passing a all day... !

I know i'm rubbish but I want to manage it !!!

Mikoglace
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Mikoglace » 21 Jun 2007 23:46

Nobody nerver answer here....

My problem is this one I can connect my server when my player account is not connect to the game, but when my server is connect i can't connnect my player account.

A message like this comes " Could not init the network."

When My server is not connect I can connect my player account and when my player account is connect it's my serve who can't connect.

WHY !!!! I'm going to throw my computer out the window if nobody answers me ...

Please answer me ....

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 22 Jun 2007 07:14

Mikoglace wrote:Nobody nerver answer here....

My problem is this one I can connect my server when my player account is not connect to the game, but when my server is connect i can't connnect my player account.

A message like this comes " Could not init the network."

When My server is not connect I can connect my player account and when my player account is connect it's my serve who can't connect.

WHY !!!! I'm going to throw my computer out the window if nobody answers me ...

Please answer me ....
this one is easy.... you have to make a specific dedicated account ! read more the dedicated readme, the main dedicated topic post, and probably all tutos, the link to make the account is given in all...

Mikoglace wrote:Sorry for my last question I think I've nearly done it alone.
But I've got one problem left, when I connect to the game Tmn and after I launch my start serve it want connect:

UDP initialization failed...

When I'm not connect it works propeply. I can see my server on the game Miko's cupp!! in the GBR but I can't join the game. I am so close and I can't go in !!!!

PLEASE... PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME !!! I'm fedup I've been passing a all day... !

I know i'm rubbish but I want to manage it !!!
If udp fail then you probably missed something with firewalls, or forgot to redirect the main server port in udp.
And also, remember that with some adsl routers you just can't connect to your own server in internet mode but only LAN.

Mikoglace
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Mikoglace » 22 Jun 2007 09:56

If udp fail then you probably missed something with firewalls, or forgot to redirect the main server port in udp.
And also, remember that with some adsl routers you just can't connect to your own server in internet mode but only LAN.
Thats it I can't connect the both at the same time I event can't go on the lan.... I've got this message when my server connect: "Could not init on network."
and when my players account is connect it's my server who falide. UDP failed and all the rest after.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 22 Jun 2007 13:19

Mikoglace wrote:
are you sure you read the 1st part of my previous reply ??? you have to make a dedicated account !

Mikoglace
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Mikoglace » 22 Jun 2007 22:11

I've made it thanks a lot, it's not the problem I have or not my problem is I'm not english and rubbish with computer so for me it was quit hard to manage it..

Now I would like to know if I can have some options on my server like giving a vote for my tracks or the cranking of the best time on each track.

I konw that does exist I've seem them on other serer, can someboddy help me please.

There is a place on this forum who will explain me ??

AND a big thanks to slig who helped me.

Omgbro
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Omgbro » 04 Jul 2007 12:33

Hey ive got a problem every time i try run the TrackManiaServer.exe i get this error... Included in the pic is it showing that the file is in the matchsettings folder

Edit: Found out the problem it was a map in my settings that was making it not work

jackDANIEL's
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by jackDANIEL's » 07 Jul 2007 09:26

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build up a trackmania nations' server by using servermania. I succeed into configuring the program, but I'm the only one who is able to enter the server. Other players see displayed a message telling them "could not contact server. connection failed or disconnected from the server (10060)" . :(

Help me please!