General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SilPho
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

More detailed statistics

Post by SilPho » 28 Jul 2007 10:19

Is it possible to view more than just the top ten records for any given track or game mode? And can you do this for maniazones that you have progressed beyond.

Example, I'm currently 37th in the UK for puzzle mode, the in game statistics show the top ten for the UK and then me at the bottom, but can I see my ranking in relation to just England or even just the South East?

I know Trackmania Statistics is supposed to be able to do this, but the site records for these lower levels (England and SouthEast England) are really out of date, and they also won't show the records for each individual track.

Is there any way to do this? Either an existing site that I don't know about or a way to query the database some other way.

Many thanks. - SilPho
Variety is better than change.
RoundDonut

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Re: More detailed statistics

Post by Racemaniac » 28 Jul 2007 20:37

nope, i think most users agree that the current rankins system is confusing, and way to limited, it would be awesome if they'd consider updating it so we can browse it, and that it's a bit more logical....
(the ability to see where you're positioned in your country would be a nice start, now the country ladder doesn't include people who made it to the world ladder..., same goes for province ladder...)
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 28 Jul 2007 21:28

For the online ladder, you can see on maniazones.com, it refreshes about every hour I think... for the solo I think I can't help.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @4x2670MHz, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Radeon HD4870 X2 with 2x1024 MB, 4096 MB DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 x64 Professional, ADSL 16384/1024, ATI Catalyst 9.8

SilPho
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by SilPho » 28 Jul 2007 21:32

Does this mean that Trackmania Statistics actually is accurate, it's just that since I've progressed beyond the south east england zone I'm no longer at the top of it? Which also means that if you're at position 50 in the UK, there are potentially more than 49 people ahead of you in the UK because some have gone up to World level?
RoundDonut

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 30 Jul 2007 10:37

SilPho wrote:Does this mean that Trackmania Statistics actually is accurate, it's just that since I've progressed beyond the south east england zone I'm no longer at the top of it? Which also means that if you're at position 50 in the UK, there are potentially more than 49 people ahead of you in the UK because some have gone up to World level?
indeed
weird and confusing system that makes no sense imo...
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 30 Jul 2007 14:25

I dont think its confusing ... in sports, when you advance to a higher league, you are not ranked in the lower leagues anymore too. Still they know higher leagues exist and the people there are probably more skillful. Everyone is compared to people of, more or less, same skill.

SilPho
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by SilPho » 30 Jul 2007 17:37

I'd just like to know exactly how good I am compared to everybody else in each zone. I'm a bit of a statistics freak.
RoundDonut

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 30 Jul 2007 18:21

Mistral wrote:I dont think its confusing ... in sports, when you advance to a higher league, you are not ranked in the lower leagues anymore too. Still they know higher leagues exist and the people there are probably more skillful. Everyone is compared to people of, more or less, same skill.
yeah, but in sports
1. the seperation is clear and final, you don't dynamically shift from one league to the other
2. it's clear, they name the leagues clearly to prevent confusion
come on, honestly, take 100 people who've never played tmu before, and ask them the meaning of the rankings, if even 1 of them manages to find out how it works, i'll eat my shoes ....
unless people here explain it, nobody figures out how it works, unless they extensively play the game and start noticing very weird and contra-intuitive things...

QuikSilver
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by QuikSilver » 30 Jul 2007 18:38

another thing against sports:
you got seasons there
here you make some times and at some random time, you go higher/lower

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 31 Jul 2007 15:02

I didnt really want to argue ... all i wanted to say was, that the system isnt totally nuts ;)

QuikSilver
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by QuikSilver » 31 Jul 2007 15:05

ok :p
but i still dont like it

not that i do much with it tho :\ not really much of a solo player :p