General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

System Requirements......

Post by Trackmaniack » 05 Sep 2007 20:17

Hello, everybody! I'm an avid fan of the Trackmania series, and already have Original, Sunrise Extreme, and Nations. What I was wondering is, if I'm looking to buy TMU, is it really worth it, and, can I still play it with the high graphics level of the older games. What I'm saying is, while I have a good computer, its nowhere near top-of-the-line in the video card department, but it could still run TMS, TMN, and TMO with a high level of realism. I want to know if in TMU, they've cranked the requirements up so far that only those with an elite computer can play it, or if it still compares to the previous installments of the series. Thanks much!
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: System Requirements......

Post by Zooz » 05 Sep 2007 21:00

The requirements haven't gone up much, only on Stadium tracks with lots of the new blocks it can get a bit more laggy than elsewhere, and on big multiplayer servers and such.

NorcoRider104
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN

Post by NorcoRider104 » 07 Sep 2007 03:03

Trackmaniack wrote:Hello, everybody! I'm an avid fan of the Trackmania series, and already have Original, Sunrise Extreme, and Nations. What I was wondering is, if I'm looking to buy TMU, is it really worth it, and, can I still play it with the high graphics level of the older games. What I'm saying is, while I have a good computer, its nowhere near top-of-the-line in the video card department, but it could still run TMS, TMN, and TMO with a high level of realism. I want to know if in TMU, they've cranked the requirements up so far that only those with an elite computer can play it, or if it still compares to the previous installments of the series. Thanks much!
my x1600 pro can run it on medium 25fps minimum on stadium tracks multiplayer and its a pos, lol

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 07 Sep 2007 10:42

NorcoRider104 wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:Hello, everybody! I'm an avid fan of the Trackmania series, and already have Original, Sunrise Extreme, and Nations. What I was wondering is, if I'm looking to buy TMU, is it really worth it, and, can I still play it with the high graphics level of the older games. What I'm saying is, while I have a good computer, its nowhere near top-of-the-line in the video card department, but it could still run TMS, TMN, and TMO with a high level of realism. I want to know if in TMU, they've cranked the requirements up so far that only those with an elite computer can play it, or if it still compares to the previous installments of the series. Thanks much!
my x1600 pro can run it on medium 25fps minimum on stadium tracks multiplayer and its a pos, lol
My computer's not that high-tech either, and I can run it on almost full settings (bar Bloom, opponent quality etc) at a good 40 - 60 fps.

You don't partcularly need an amazing PC... just need to be prepared to sacrifice some graphics detail if your graphics card isn't really recent.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

NorcoRider104
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN

Post by NorcoRider104 » 08 Sep 2007 04:37

Mac Matrix wrote:
NorcoRider104 wrote:
My computer's not that high-tech either, and I can run it on almost full settings (bar Bloom, opponent quality etc) at a good 40 - 60 fps.

You don't partcularly need an amazing PC... just need to be prepared to sacrifice some graphics detail if your graphics card isn't really recent.
yup, im just going to get a 8600 or 7900 or something :P