Expired Serial Number: I'm Going Nuts...

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

DevilMan
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU-TMS

Expired Serial Number: I'm Going Nuts...

Post by DevilMan » 18 Oct 2007 22:50

I usually format my machine every 3-4 months to keep it clean but it happens that I format more cause I change big hardware parts, like the motherboard.

I bought the game online, ultra happy for the fast download, registering and so on and I kept the system generated mail safe so I could install the game back again when needed.
I knew about the 3 activation times, as described in the mail.
A week ago I changed harddrives and I didn't want to do a copy of the partition so I took the chance to do a fresh install ...
I installed trackmania back and when it prompted me to activate the game, I put inside the gooood old serial number: the sistem told me that it was invalid cause it already reached the maximun mumber of activation.
No worries I told myself, I wrote a mail to the support and few minutes later an AUTOMATIC answer came back, telling me what to do and bla bla bla.
I clicked the "reply" button on my mail client like they did sudjest and told them I needed a new serial number, giving them the data of the purchase: order number, date and email address...

Well ... Customer support 7 days a week ... my butt... I'm still waiting a damned answer from them and I sent them already 3 mails, allll the same.

Now, any of you got an idea, some help?
Cause right now I'm so pissed off that I want to give a call to some friends in the review businness first (gamespy,ngi,multiplayer.it) and then procede to do something more ... you know ... legal.
Eewww... feel so dirty just saying that word but I don't like to be fooled around with they says: Customer support 7 days a week ...

Oh well.
Any sudjestions?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hor
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: Expired Serial Number: I'm Going Nuts...

Post by Hor » 12 Nov 2007 14:54

Did they send the serials and how long did it take?
My pc **** crashed once again and now ive used up my 6th activation.
Tried yesterday to send a mail to ask for more, but didnt get it yet.
To wait over a week is far from good enough :/
Why do they have this **** system?
Wouldnt it be much better with one unique serial for each copy, and poss to make only 1 online account?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TM,TMS,TMUF,TMDS,TMT
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 12 Nov 2007 15:22

Well, you knew it when you got the activation version. You could also have chosen the Steam version, with no activations, or the DVD version.

Anyway, the Forever patch will get rid of copy protection and such, it'll be out in January/February, something like that. Nothing has been officially confirmed about the date though. Meanwhile, just have some patience while waiting for Metaboli (are you sure you did everything right?) or sue them, or something. Just don't blame Nadeo as it isn't their fault. They probably have a contract with Metaboli which says they publish the game and provide support, and if Metaboli doesn't do that that's their problem, not Nadeo's i guess.

I don't think the reviewers would care much, unless you'd lie to them, for example by hiding the fact that there are other publishers who do provide proper support.

They have "that **** system" because if they didn't, people would install it on the PC of 10.000 "friends" and they wouldn't make sales and would die, that's why.
Hor wrote: Wouldnt it be much better with one unique serial for each copy, and poss to make only 1 online account?
Doesn't prevent any piracy of the offline part

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Bramble » 12 Nov 2007 18:14

A guy in my clan had this problem.

He emailed Nadeo sunday night, and got the new code sent to him the monday afternoon.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 12 Nov 2007 18:21

Nadeo? Don't you mean Metaboli? Nadeo can't give out codes...

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bramble » 13 Nov 2007 22:30

Dunno Zooz, he didnt tell me the details, i was too worried as to whether he could play, otherwise it would have been 2v3 :shock:

Hor
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hor » 15 Nov 2007 17:10

I got the new serials after 3 days this time.
So it came, but i think its too slow...

Kumagoro
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Kumagoro » 09 Dec 2007 18:47

Doh, i'm getting a DVD version soon, does that mean i will be limited to 3 installs only?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2007 18:52

No, that limit is only on the Metaboli download version (and maybe some other download versions, though not the Steam one).

The DVD version has CD checks instead.

markopoloman
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by markopoloman » 03 Jan 2008 20:50

I am seriously pi55ed off with the crappy system that this game uses.
I purchased the download version when it became available - seems like ages ago but cant remember the exact date!
I've reinstalled my PC a few times over the past year - but have now done a complete upgrade. Tried to install TMU and got the stupid expired serial number crap.

I dont know what source I used to download the game. I've emailed Metaboli twice and the useless jerks there cant be arsed to reply! I've sent emails to almost every company I can find connected to the game - and got jack **** back.

I refuse to go and buy the game on CD - why should I pay for the game again?

Is there anyone on here that has been in the same situation and resolved it?

I need my TMU fix - and I need it NOW!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 03 Jan 2008 21:52

Metaboli normally replies pretty well. There was one thread before where someone complained about them being slow, but that was followed by many replies of people denying this. Are you sure you have the right email address?

edit:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10857
I should sticky that.

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 04 Jan 2008 00:02

markopoloman wrote:*snip crap*
You know, I really can't blame them if the mails you sent were the least bit similar to the above...

I sent them a request Sunday night and got an answer (and two more licenses) Wednesday afternoon, which is to be expected during the holidays. All I did was quote the summary (with the order number and my email account) at the end of the mail I got after purchasing the game and stating that I needed to re-install.

Though if you haven't kept that email - sucks to be you...
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

markopoloman
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by markopoloman » 05 Jan 2008 15:15

The emails I have sent are not in any way rude.
I did get one reply - but it was just an automated one.

Beyond that - nothing.

The origional email! Well, When did this game forst become available? Since downloading it all that time ago, I have reinstalled and recovered crashed PC's - and lost loads of docs. All docs are now saved to an external HD - but thats no help!

What is annoying me the most is that I have paid for the game. Why should I feel the need to go out and buy it again? I got the DL version as it stated that if I needed to re-download then I could do it etc etc - Thats great! But the support from the main TM website is absolutely dire.

Out of interest, was metaboli the only DL option when the game first became available? I've tried using my email address and its not recognised??

markopoloman
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by markopoloman » 05 Jan 2008 15:28

Right, I have just emailed Metaboli again.

Lets see how long it takes for someone to reply (not an automated reply)................................

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 05 Jan 2008 16:53

markopoloman wrote:Lets see how long it takes for someone to reply (not an automated reply)................................
I hope you did notice that you have to reply to their automated reply for some living, breathing being ever getting your mail?

Read the mail's header again if not...

np: Kid606 - I Miss You (Resilience)
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller