Moderator: TM-Patrol

escargot
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Cheat to unlock all tracks

Post by escargot » 16 May 2008 02:48

Hello,
I'm really enjoying Trackmania United Forever in solo mode. But I don't like that you need to get silver medals on some of the tracks in order unlock new tracks. I don't really have the time or inclination to "practice", but I'd like to see and try out all the included tracks. Is there a cheat to unlock everything?
Cheers,
escargot

rat_rat_rat
cyclist
cyclist

Re: Cheat to unlock all tracks

Post by rat_rat_rat » 16 May 2008 06:59

If is any cheat of this, then I'm almost sure that no one helps you on this forum. Not because all people here are not friendly or something. Just because even offline mode is the fact online mode and there is internet ranking in this mode. Bronze medal is very easy to collect and if you unlock all maps, collect many bronze medals, then you will cheat other people, not game.

I'm not really sure, but you always can browse track like in old TM Nations, and play with that maps. And if you want to play many other maps - just download maps from internet or internal browser (or start to play online mode).

AlMightyBob
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by AlMightyBob » 16 May 2008 08:29

You suck at the easier tracks so you want to unlock all the harder ones?

Rafracer
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN

Post by Rafracer » 16 May 2008 19:23

Why is everyone immediately so offensive to new posters? Before you understand me wrong (because of good memory), there was nothing wrong with your post, rat_rat_rat. You explained the issue better than I could.

I'm talking about AlMightyBob. I'm sorry if I don't share your sense of humour, Bob, but your post didn't add a single thing to this thread and wasn't very funny either. It's also offensive, so that's trolling (or spamming) and flaming.

The above message did not actually exist, and you just wasted a minute of your life reading a fabrication of your mind.

AlMightyBob
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by AlMightyBob » 16 May 2008 22:56

Sorry, my way of expressing curiosity on someone's logic is a bit *******-ish. It's a bad habit.

escargot
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by escargot » 18 May 2008 01:31

Hi,

AlMightyBob, you're right that I really do suck at this game, but I don't think you understood my logic. I have fun playing the game, and it gives me a lot of pleasure to simply finish a track. Finishing is great, but I simply don't care about the perfection needed for silver and gold medals. I think I would have more fun playing different tracks, even if I can't get a medal, than repeatedly practicing until I do.

For example, I've played the first "platform" track in the Blue difficulty, and it took me over 30 respawns to finish it, but eventually I did. It's obviously way beyond my skill level, but who cares, I had a great time. It would take a lot of tedious practice to get a silver medal and unlock the next track. Since it's a game, it would be nice to just do whatever makes me have the most fun.

But I understand rat_rat_rat's logic, and it's of course not my intention to cheat in the internet rankings. If there's no way to just unlock and play the tracks for fun, I guess I'll just have to be disappointed with never seeing some of the harder and crazier tracks. Is it maybe possible to copy the tracks over into a new campaign and unlock them there?

And of course, you're right, I can always download other user-created maps. I hadn't really thought of that. It would still be nice to see the official maps, though.

Cheers,
escargot

kevin916
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by kevin916 » 18 May 2008 08:12

You can copy the tracks from C:\program files\TmUnitedForever\GameData\Tracks\Campaigns\ to \Documents\TrackMania\Tracks\Challenges\[any folder you want] and then play it in Solo, the button on the bottom (don't know its English name) and browse into the folder you copied the tracks. That should work. The medals you get, won't count for you medal count.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 27 May 2008 05:12

Oh, that still works? Well, in that case, go to www.gamewinners.com (if you read fairly good english...) and check the cheats page on Trackmania Sunrise. There's a walkthrough on how to copy the tracks like you're saying...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!