General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

tugamania
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

create a team????

Post by tugamania » 19 Sep 2008 18:27

i didn't know where to post this so i post it here. Anyone can tell me how do i create a team in trackmania????
thanks

eduardische
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Re: create a team????

Post by eduardische » 19 Sep 2008 20:00

Get some people, think of a team name, add it to players nicks, make a website (optional) and go! :D

But seriously, you can't make a team, like it was in TrackMania Nations ESWC. You could make it, but it won't affect online game, it just shows the ranks of offline play (World - Country - Group). Maybe there are some servers, that take count of your team, but it's not official feature.

P.S. Sorry, if I'm wrong somewhere about the online.

Generator
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF - TMUF
Manialink(s): Generator

Post by Generator » 20 Sep 2008 10:26

OK then, I wanna know this too...
(But from a programmers view, Once I know I'll help everyone else by scripting something together)

Any guides or tips on starting your own clan seriously.. what is needed etc, I'm not talking ingame stuff and I do know html,php,cgi,perl,sql etc but what does a clan actually need???
(I do most my web writing in notepad, not frontpage or owt like that.. I'm for real, not just some other n00b!)

I already have a 0-60k TMNF server with a United one almost ready to roll aswell..

I need to know the following if anyone would be kind enough:
what credentials should I ask for on clan sign-up and what should a webpage include etc?
Are there any extra rules regarding clans in TM compared to the normal user rules? (Maybe only Nadeo can asnwer this)
How are clan matches organised? (I presume its find a clan ya wanna battle and propose to them..)

I know for a fact its not as simple as eduardische makes out coz I've heard of leaders of clans leaving due to the amount of work involved but I have friends ready to do the half of it if I code it all together. eg.. Put the site/database together etc.

Please guys help us out, we all wanna make TM the biggest, best thing out there so help us who dont know plz!!!
If ya dont wanna answer me directly via the forum then maybe PM me...

Many, many thanx to all that help, Generator.

:pil
Customize your virtual world to the max! >> http://www.virtualcustoms.net
3D Models, 2D skins & horns on my Manialink >> Generatorcolor>

QuikSilver
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by QuikSilver » 22 Sep 2008 23:25

well, a clan only needs what you want it to need.
we have a forum, and thats basically it..