Moderator: TM-Patrol

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Repaint editor blocks in tmu?

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 13 Dec 2008 10:55

I'm almost sure its impossible,
but if its not impossible, can someone tell me how to paint blocks in trackmania?

Thanks alot

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Re: Repaint editor blocks in tmu?

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 15 Dec 2008 07:10

Try to find some informations about modification
http://www.luther-tym.cz/mody.html

skeleton2000
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by skeleton2000 » 16 Dec 2008 09:39

Are you talking about making your own mod? Like all the mods you can download? If so then yes it's possible because there's loads out there to be downloaded. If this is what you mean then you need a program like Photoshop and also the nvidia plaug-in for Photoshop which can be found here http://developer.nvidia.com/object/phot ... #downloads. You load the block that you want to paint into Photoshop (blocks can be found here for stadium C:\Program Files\TmUnitedForever\GameData\Stadium\Media\Texture\Image)(make a copy of these blocks, DO NOT alter original) Once you've painted all blocks of your choice (you may have to spent some time getting them right if you don't know what blocks are for what) save them in original format .dds and place all custom blocks in a folder called Image then zip this Image folder and give this Image.zip a name of your choice e.g. My Mod.zip. Now you have e.g. My Mod.zip and inside that your Image folder containing your .dds files. Now place this zip file here Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Stadium\Mod (for stadium mods) Now when you build a track and it asks you to choose a mod e.g. My Mod will be there to add to your track. For more info on this check out this site http://tutorials.tm-creative.org/modifying_environment/ Hope this is what you wanted to know, if not I'm sure someone will come here who does lol

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 22 Dec 2008 11:10

Thanks for the link to that mod page. Some of those mods look really cool. But some have broken links.

I have a question though... when you install any of these mods, do they interfere with the online portion of the game? In other words can you use them to race online as well, even if the host doesn't have it installed?

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 22 Dec 2008 17:19

I am going to contact owner of that site....

Sure you can but nobody will see them

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 25 Dec 2008 11:39

Tom.CZ.73 wrote:I am going to contact owner of that site....

Sure you can but nobody will see them

Thanks Tom :)

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 19 Jul 2009 03:45

Hello everyone. I am new to the modding scene and would like to know what the steps are for adding environment/track mods to TMUF? I tried putting one track mod in a folder called "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer .VALUED-6BDE5622\My Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Stadium\Mod" and left it zipped up and not extracted, then went into the game. I went to the Solo Campaign and selected the race option and then White difficulty. I then pressed and held down the Ctrl key before selecting the track but nothing happened.

I read that it is supposed to ask you for the time of mood or something before loading the track, but it doesn't do this either. Please help?

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 19 Jul 2009 05:59

This "hold ctl" works if you are trying to open track and change mod in editor.

If you want to use mod with track you downloaded, use mod swaper - part of the EAasyTM

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 19 Jul 2009 21:22

Tom.CZ.73 wrote:This "hold ctl" works if you are trying to open track and change mod in editor.

If you want to use mod with track you downloaded, use mod swaper - part of the EAasyTM
OMFG Tom you are the MAN!!!! :gobananas: :1 :3

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! The mod even shows up when racing ONLINE tracks!!!!!!!!!!! I just went into a server and sure enough, the Stadium modded skin kicked in and I was racing on the track surface!

Thank you very much for the heads up on EasyTM mate, it's much appreciated :1

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 20 Jul 2009 11:24

Thank you all for your reply's.
I've got a lot to do. They really help me further!
Thank you for the information and everything..
I learned how to make Mod's, and I know what to do now =D

Elmigo

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 21 Jul 2009 14:12

Hey guys.... I've noticed that some of the mods that changes the asphalt and ground surface of the road tend to be a bit buggy. Often times when driving the car, the road will become transparent and you can see right through it. I was wondering is this a bug than can be corrected by changing either the game's graphical settings or my graphic card settings? Or is it somethings the mod creator would have to fix themselves?

ElmigoAlmere
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ElmigoAlmere » 21 Jul 2009 14:53

isamu wrote:Hey guys.... I've noticed that some of the mods that changes the asphalt and ground surface of the road tend to be a bit buggy. Often times when driving the car, the road will become transparent and you can see right through it. I was wondering is this a bug than can be corrected by changing either the game's graphical settings or my graphic card settings? Or is it somethings the mod creator would have to fix themselves?
I'm not sure but I don't think its a bug. I'm new with mod's so I don't know much about it, but I don't think its a bug.

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 21 Jul 2009 18:32

thats probably not a bug

as alot of mods will have this, it is a feature of the mod, not a bug
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive