How many coppers do you have?

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

How many coppers do you have ingame in total?

0 - 500
9%
500 - 1000
3%
1000 - 5000
6%
5000 - 10000
13%
10000 - 20000
9%
20000 - 40000
28%
40000 - 80000
9%
80000 - 150000
3%
150000+
19%

Total votes: 32

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: How many coppers do you have?

Post by AlexKool » 12 Feb 2010 00:15

I guess a good question to ask could be what do players want to spend their coppers on if they could?
Join the 250+ GFC team members at: http://www.playfaster.net

DOWNLAOD Gaseco for your server now!

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Feb 2010 03:25

The coppers were a great idea, but rely incredibly too much on the community. After the 'play more - win more' program ended, there was literally no encouragement on nadeo's part to use coppers.

We have mods (which personally I abhor), horns (clipping an audio file, why pay?), models/skins (ever hear of tm carpark?)... what else is there to spend coppers on? Betting and lottery scripts are a good idea, but I've never witnessed what I would call a 'rational' implementation (though TPS comes close).

Personally, I think Nadeo has a great opportunity to take a greater role in coppers transactions. Imagine a simple webpage on the main TM site, where you could spend coppers in exchange for 'sponsored' content, like skins/models designed to represent your favorite sports team, or horns with clips of popular songs (I can hear the reverberations of 'lady gaga' horns playing through my head as I type this).

Of course, all this would take an incredible amount of effort on Nadeo's part. Sponsorships gained, contracts drafted, and probably more lawyers being hired than there are developers in Nadeo as it is. But the pay off would be worth it.

TM may be community driven, but you seldom see much response unless you throw a little cash into the mix. The bigger you build up 'The Man' slash establishment in TMF, the stronger you'll see the community grow. Basic rule of economics...

anonymous345
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF, TM2

Post by anonymous345 » 12 Feb 2010 08:08

No one likes official mode :?
A (IMO) much better way of determining player skill compared to LP.

Queen Jadis
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMSX,TMN
Manialink(s): jadis

Post by Queen Jadis » 12 Feb 2010 17:39

anonymous345 wrote:A (IMO) much better way of determining player skill compared to LP.
True words, anonymous. I don't play for LP because I usually don't have enough time and in this case they keep decreasing :|. I prefer playing in official mode, even though official times also depend on the amount of coppers that you have. (I'm not rich, read my previous posts).

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 12 Feb 2010 21:24

Now I really am amazed...

I never bothered much with TMU because I feel stadium is the only environment worth the effort, and always heard mutterings about official mode. I only bought the game for our TMNF servers, hehe.

So, you have to pay coppers to get points..? What is the point in that?

TMUF costs enough already, for a game that's literally worthless without it's multiplayer mode. Us over in TMNF get a free game and no worries about coppers and official mode.

Makes me wonder all the more -- what is the point of buying TMU..?
Last edited by nocturne on 13 Feb 2010 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 12 Feb 2010 21:56

nocturne wrote:So, you have to pay coppers to get points..? What is the point in that?
I think you misunderstand, QJ is talking about official times in solo mode, not points on online servers.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 13 Feb 2010 06:37

Ah, my bad... :lol:

budd
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by budd » 13 Feb 2010 21:06

well imagine TMNF with less features then TMUF, then you would probably reconsider the point of buying - upgrading to united. But thank god this isnt true, the community would have way less members then it has atm. If you ask me i think that TMNF is the best free game that was ever published and that TMUF is just an upgrade that you need to pay for. It's not one of those games where you complete level 10 and you get a pop-up saying if you'd like to continue your adventure pay 19.90€, blah blah...

No, tm is not like that, it's not half as intrusive and you get over 90% of the features in the free edition itself.
well, in tmuf, where the possibilities are endless:
buying things with coppers, browsing through manialinks with tm's intern browser, new racing enviro's... You may get the feeling that you've just got yourself the best game for your money but most people end up using only the features that were already on tmnf. I'm not saying that they got fooled or anything :P, hell no, just that the united features feel like they dont have anything to do with plain racing (not counting other environments).

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 13 Feb 2010 22:14

man...personally, I got about 3000 with probably around another 2000 on my server. I'm very poor !! :roflol:

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 13 Feb 2010 23:38

nocturne wrote:Makes me wonder all the more -- what is the point of buying TMU..?
well... perhaps because some think the exact opposite of "I feel stadium is the only environment worth the effort" ? ;)

And also... because if none bought tmo/tms/tmu/tmuf, then tmn/tmnf would not exist at all either ?

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 14 Feb 2010 02:13

stadium is just really different from the other environments so chances are you won't like the other environments if you wanted them to be similar to what stadium is (it happened to me). tho buying TMUF wasn't a complete waste as i found out you can use the key you get with TMUF in TMNF so you get all the features from TMUF transferred into TMNF. for example you get 64 friends slots, and these days you can also extend that number as much as you want by paying coppers. i think it costs 100 coppers for every new slot.
Slig wrote:And also... because if none bought tmo/tms/tmu/tmuf, then tmn/tmnf would not exist at all either ?
care to elaborate what exactly you mean with this statement?

ontopic: i got about 20k coppers these days.

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 14 Feb 2010 11:39

In total about 140k, 40k in my acc, 80k in RoC server and 20k in a 20-70 server.

As ЭΛ Team, we have to be (roughly guess) more than 500k, due to our 33 members + many ladder servers + donations etc.

Part of these coppers will be used to organise tournaments with copper winning as the one which runs these days : ЭΛ Win Coppers Contest server.