TMUF (star ed) - Why only stadium in multi?

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Cdeathjd
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United

TMUF (star ed) - Why only stadium in multi?

Post by Cdeathjd » 03 Jun 2010 20:21

Well first apologies if this has previously been posted but "stadium" and "multiplayer" are too common to search for, but the question is, why are all the multiplayer tracks staduim only? I've been playing (and enjoying) multiplayer for a while now but it's becoming stale because its all the same setting. Are there any plans to add the other environements in? The promo videos all feature great camera angles on all environments of tracks so it feels a bit of a cheat when you see epic looking races in rally, snow or island mode!

Mixo
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): Mix

Re: TMUF (star ed) - Why only stadium in multi?

Post by Mixo » 03 Jun 2010 22:10

Press the "Only United servers" button. Or use the scroll buttons and look for servers without the "stadium-only" icon.

Cdeathjd
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United

Post by Cdeathjd » 04 Jun 2010 06:05

I have tried that, and there are ones in the list that sound like other scenarios but EVERY single one with a different second icon says "you have not enough ladder points to join". I think its weird that i'll have to play stadium for about six months in order to get enough "ladder points" to access scenarios i've already perfected in single player!

Mixo
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU
Manialink(s): Mix

Post by Mixo » 04 Jun 2010 06:31

I checked just now and on the first page of United servers there are 5 that don't need ladder points to join (and 3 that do). The United servers that I believe are most popular right now - Mistral, ET jackpot, and TMRS island - none of them need ladder points to join. The minimum ladder points required are shown on the mid-right of each server's button.

Paris69
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Paris69 » 04 Jun 2010 08:05

Cdeathjd wrote:I have tried that, and there are ones in the list that sound like other scenarios but EVERY single one with a different second icon says "you have not enough ladder points to join".
try servers SUNRISE v.2 (bay, island, coast) and ORIGINAL v.2 (alpine, speed, rally) in Czech Rep./Prague. there's mix of ~30 sec ~intermediate tracks (LP 0-60.000).

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 07 Jun 2010 15:37

Mistral's world selection (as has been said above) is a great United-only server. It plays all 7 enviros in equal helpings...add it to your faves and then you're good to go! :-D
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!