General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: The Story of noobs who can't drive yourself records in S

Post by Xymph » 28 Jul 2011 19:14

Kripke wrote:Of course, Dedimania is a world record system, but If it wouldn't exist, so I wouldn't have this "problem" now, if you understand it.
I played online since 2008 (?) and I installed this game, there was any screen, where I must accept the rules of dedimania !
This is still a nice support from xymph and slig (and more ?).
Just us two. The duplicates thing is not as strict a rule as Enryx makes it out to be. We strive for no duplicates so that as many players as possible get a chance of a top-30 rec, but it's just too much work to actively enforce that. As mentioned I merely scan irregularly for triplicates and clean those out, but I wouldn't have bothered with your entries if attention hadn't been drawn to them in this thread. So tcq hits the nail on the head above. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Kripke
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmu
Manialink(s): kripke

Post by Kripke » 28 Jul 2011 19:23

Sometimes it seems easier to stay quiet i guess. As it is for the whole topic here. Dunno why you even started it.
Yes, give me the blame. It was my mistake to talk about fairness

But I get the feeling that some of you only search a way to make me bad, Like Techno with his cheater picture or Enryx with the dubplicates of my Dedimania records and now you.

And all say "the ladder talk anythink of the skill". This is maybe still right for the online ladder, but the offical mode had talk more about the skill of the player, but now, everybody can make whatever their want.

But to use a second to drive on the server wiht dedi is still fales, thanks to everyone.
Keep driving where you want, I cant force you to not do it, but it seems you dont (want to) understand. Dont feel disappointed if your duplicate records disappear (the worst one).
I understand it, but I can't accept that dedimania tell me where I can drive or not, Sry if I drive a got time, but whatever, this seems like falser as accsharing or maniapulate the complete ranklist of the sololadder.

but whatever,...

[...]

Cheers Kripke

Edit:
Just us two. The duplicates thing is not as strict a rule as Enryx makes it out to be. We strive for no duplicates so that as many players as possible get a chance of a top-30 rec, but it's just too much work to actively enforce that. As mentioned I merely scan irregularly for triplicates and clean those out, but I wouldn't have bothered with your entries if attention hadn't been drawn to them in this thread. So tcq hits the nail on the head above. :wink:
Thanks for this neutral comment.
Of course, tcq has still right. But this close a little bit of my freedom to play with my second on a server to gain LPs^^
Last edited by Kripke on 28 Jul 2011 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Do you need Coppers? Click here

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 28 Jul 2011 19:32

Kripke wrote:But I get the feeling that some of you only search a way to make me bad, Like Techno with his cheater picture or Enryx with the dubplicates of my Dedimania records and now you.
Lolno.
I simply stated the truth. I can talk about Techno's duplicate dedis if you want.

Kripke
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Kripke » 28 Jul 2011 19:37

»Enryx« wrote:
Kripke wrote:But I get the feeling that some of you only search a way to make me bad, Like Techno with his cheater picture or Enryx with the dubplicates of my Dedimania records and now you.
Lolno.
I simply stated the truth. I can talk about Techno's duplicate dedis if you want.
This is still what I feel, If this wasn't your goal, so I'm sorry.

I want include, of course is this bad for players, to lose the chance to get a dedi, If somebody like me with 2 accs to make a dedi, but it was never my goal to do this :|

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 28 Jul 2011 19:44

I do this to tell I'm not targeting Kripke
Dun dun duuh
Last edited by »Enryx« on 28 Jul 2011 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Queen Jadis
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMSX,TMN
Manialink(s): jadis

Post by Queen Jadis » 28 Jul 2011 19:47

tcq wrote:
Kripke wrote:Sometimes it seems easier to stay quiet i guess. As it is for the whole topic here. Dunno why you even started it.
I guess everyone will agree if I state that solo mode has turned out to be a rather rotten business.

Kripke has started this topic because he wanted to point out how the grievance of it affects any honest player who does not succumb to request the 'racing assistance' of someone else.

It is despicable, though not unexpected, to read that some persons attempt to legitimate this misuse. Infirmitas humana.

Most disappointingly, this virus of human weakness will not be killed off in TM2. Certainly, this is a strong reason to quit this game.

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 28 Jul 2011 21:04

What i meant with my statement was.
You can point out this issue with the solo mode, but there is now way you can hinder people to abuse it. It's bad, because you ruin the fun for people which try to fight for the best time with such stuff. But as long as you can't decide which player is now the rightful owner of one account and if there is really an account sharing going on or not, you can't do anything against it. And tbh, i don't see a possibility atm. The only thing i can think of is the following: Don't compete for solo ladder and play on online server with systems like dedimania, which give you a feeling of "how" good you are. I lived pretty nice with this way till now and still have fun with the game.

Kripke
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Kripke » 28 Jul 2011 21:34

tcq wrote:What i meant with my statement was.
You can point out this issue with the solo mode, but there is now way you can hinder people to abuse it. It's bad, because you ruin the fun for people which try to fight for the best time with such stuff. But as long as you can't decide which player is now the rightful owner of one account and if there is really an account sharing going on or not, you can't do anything against it. And tbh, i don't see a possibility atm. The only thing i can think of is the following: Don't compete for solo ladder and play on online server with systems like dedimania, which give you a feeling of "how" good you are. I lived pretty nice with this way till now and still have fun with the game.
This is your opinion and I accept this and I think we have allready talked about it on maniaplanet.
I don't feel me good, if I drive a (good) dedi, this isn't important for me.
My problem is that players like me or other ones losing (a lot of) skillpoints for his maybe own (hard) work. If you no interest for solomode or online ladder or something esle, dont tell me "Sometimes it seems easier to stay quiet i guess." Then ignore this and don't tell this impossible. Of course it looks senseless, but it is in my eyes possible to protect the players in solomode as to lose points, because someone is happy and drive 8 top10 recs. I would now begin with ips etc. but I think, we had written enough about this^^
(http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2014 )

I have still fun on this game, I have fun to play online, I have fun to built maps [...] but I don't have fun to see how many players lose his points for his own work (like me, Kaboom, Alexy, Kaka, Roa, etc.). This isn't fair and you know it.

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 29 Jul 2011 06:30

Kripke wrote: I have still fun on this game, I have fun to play online, I have fun to built maps [...] but I don't have fun to see how many players lose his points for his own work (like me, Kaboom, Alexy, Kaka, Roa, etc.). This isn't fair and you know it.
Sure this statement might going a little overboard now, but this is how it looks from my side.
I still think it's pretty lame to whine about it, after this whole thing was before in your favour (you got coppers out of it). It's like you are saying "i sold this guns for money, but it's better to prohibit the selling now, because i'm rich. Even better i have this awesome idea that we should go and shoot all people which bough them, because they are evil."

I won't argue about this,so don't even try. It's just my opinion. And the thread you are talking about in the maniaforum. I already explained there, why the IP stuff won't work, without a high invasion of the private stuff (which is highly forbidden,if i recall the EU laws). Give me a solution how this problem can be solved and we can talk about. If not, don't put players to the pillory and believe in the power of the community to find out which person is a good driver and which person isn't. This is how it worked out in the past and how it'll work in the future. You can't get respect by simple TA solo mode records, but you can earn respect if you beat people on maps in real matches (sounds a little like a plot of a bad movie atm ^^).

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): gn

Post by xis101 » 29 Jul 2011 06:40

of course acountsharing and driving solo recs with multiple accounts isn´t fairplay and how it is meant to be played, but as jamie, tcq and others said, there is nothing you can do against it. As long as there are people with no sence of fairness (and there always will, also in TM2), it´s just a wast of time to compete in the solo ladder.

Queen Jadis
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMSX,TMN
Manialink(s): jadis

Post by Queen Jadis » 29 Jul 2011 12:49

xis101 wrote:there is nothing you can do against it.
Wrong. Ban Techno and all Tac players who are involved on any RoC server or add them to your global blacklist. This should solve the problem and they will hopefully leave TM. They are a few numbskulls and we shouldn't let them ruin the game that so many better players appreciate.
Last edited by Queen Jadis on 29 Jul 2011 12:54, edited 2 times in total.

temperans
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: United Forever

Post by temperans » 29 Jul 2011 12:54

i thought the solo mode is saved on the pc?
how can other players drive records then?

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 29 Jul 2011 13:30

I think the point is sorely missed by some here, allthough correct in regards to the morality of using more than one account is in many ways questionable, the morality of telling people who have paid "per record" the are wrong to do so is just as questionable.

Jadis, i don't believe you are correct in saying it's a good reson to quit, because if that was the case then all the idiots in real life would have had you "off a cliff" by this point, the idea in life is to stick up for your own moral and be proud, regardless of idiotic attitudes out there (let's face it there are certainly some "donuts" out there ^^).

So whilst i do not object to your objections (and i tend to agree it's not fair play), i would also like some realism as to what can or cannot be achieved here, if not it turns into a pointless flame thread of different opinions, that is of no use to anyone.

Drive how you feel is best, act how you think is right ...That's all any of us can do ..and usually ...people tend to follow :thumbsup:

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 29 Jul 2011 13:38

temperans wrote:i thought the solo mode is saved on the pc?
how can other players drive records then?
The solo mode times are saved on your pc, but the records in the official mode, are saved on the nadeo server.

temperans
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: United Forever

Post by temperans » 29 Jul 2011 13:57

ah thanks^^