General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jorandy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

TMUF stops

Post by jorandy » 28 Sep 2011 12:24

I have TMUF. It frequently stops, I mean really stops, not freeze, just stops running and my desktop appears. To continue playing I have to restart the game. This happens on 2 PCs that I have (A pentium 4 and an AMD 4400+ both Windows XP and with 2G of RAM). HDD space is not a problem. It does not seem to be a temperature issue because it can happen just 5 minutes after boot. I removed a little-used SCSI PCI card from one of the machines and it seemed to be OK for a few days, but then it started stopping again. It does not happen every time I play, just every one in two times approx. This never happens on my 4-year old laptop or on another Pentium 4 machine that I have.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received

Thanks

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMO,TMN,TMESWC

Re: TMUF stops

Post by Cyber » 10 Oct 2011 07:20

Have you tried re-installing the program?: sometimes it misses out it's own files required.
Dangerous, Smart and Fast?:
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !

jorandy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by jorandy » 10 Oct 2011 11:56

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried. This last weekend I started getting 'Disk nearly full messages from XP, so I move a load of stuff to a second drive. Then I defragged the original disk using Diskkeeper (free and fast) and I haven't had a failure since (:-)) - with any luck that was the cause. I am busy defragging everything in sight now.

hanks for the interest.

Cyber
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMO,TMN,TMESWC

Post by Cyber » 10 Oct 2011 22:29

Hmm...Defragmentation never occured to me with TMUF but, glad to here that your back on tmuf without problems.

If it happens again you can re-post on forum or just explore addition options on this forum
Dangerous, Smart and Fast?:
THAT'S ME FOR YOU !