Any car in any environment? Possible?

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

otis77
pedestrian
pedestrian

Any car in any environment? Possible?

Post by otis77 » 20 Nov 2006 16:24

Would is be possible to use a different car in a different environment?

For example, could I make a desert track and play it with a stadium car? Is this a possible MOD?

I really like all of the environments, but I wish that I had the possibility to play any car on any environment. Of course not in Multiplayer mod, they would all have to be the same to make it fair?

EDIT: I don't mean just skinning a car. I am talking about the way a car handles

Willum
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Willum » 20 Nov 2006 17:15

Nope.

otis77
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by otis77 » 20 Nov 2006 17:49

OK, so someone posted this on the TMX site. This is why not. However, what about using certain blocks in another environment?

If you are after a mod which would let you change the handling of an environment so that the coast car handles like the island one or stadium car for example, I am afraid to say it will never haappen. Nadeo protect the handling code for the environments more than any other part of the code. The reason for this being > cheaters. If you could change the handling of the vehicles it would give you an unfair advantage over any other players in the same environment which is strictly against the manner and fair play spirit of the game. It has been suggested before that it were possible why couldn`t the mod use its own servers like mods for UT etc, but this is extremely hard as the game itself relies on the TM-Central server to conduct its multi-player aspect properly. And once again if someone did mod the game to do this it wouldn`t be long before they tried to mod so they could use the new handling as a cheat on the main central server which would ruin the game for everybody.

So once again I am afraid and i am going to say this loud and clear not just for you but for everybody to take note :

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT EVER BE ALLOWED TO ALTER THE HANDLING OF ANY OF THE CARS IN ANY WAY. MODS ARE COSMETIC ONLY!

Holley
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Holley » 20 Nov 2006 17:50

Though some people have ported one or two accross ... would be nice if there was a complete set for all enviros - I like using the Desert car in Island.