Multilap settings for "Individual" lap times ??

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Multilap settings for "Individual" lap times ??

Post by SpaceJocky » 10 Dec 2006 18:41

Hay all ,

Is there a way to create a Multilap map, where individual lap times are recorded/ranked/replayed?

It seems I can only get a cumulative time over a number of laps, or a single time if I set it to 1 laps, which defeats the purpose.

I tried the obvious things, like 0, blank, and a variety of 999's in the "Laps" settings, (My 999999999 lap time is pretty challenging... :shock: ) I also read the manual and searched a few forums...

I think(???) if a server "Hosts" the track a certain way, it will behave that way...But I was interested in Solo mode as well...

My first "Uploaded" track, "LapDance", would be a great little On-Line racer. Short, lots of jump over each other spots, nice flow with some tricky bits... ;-)

Thanks for any info !

Spacey
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 10 Dec 2006 20:55

In Time Attack, the best laptime wins i guess, but it isn't a rounds-like race.

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 10 Dec 2006 23:19

Yes...

It works as described in TA Multiplayer mode...But I was hoping for that sort of play in Solo mode. So that peeps could Download track and post single "Fast" laps rather than the cumulative for three laps. (Its current setting, about 2:40 cumulative, low 50's single lap)

No biggie...I notice a few more options when hosting for "Official" mode, and will play with it some more...

My goal is a set of Moto-Cross/Supercross type tracks...That wind around themselves and afford a lot of visuals of other racers while playing...

30 or 40 guys on LapDance in MultiPlayer on a good server for instance, would be quite the spectacle ;-)...

I may just post these style tracks right to exchange, or offer them on ManiaLinks (Once I get that sorted out...) As I don't think they will appeal to the TM Masses for World Rankings with cumulative scoring.

Spacey ;-)
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.