Whats to stop macros?

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

smith-b-d
sunday driver
sunday driver

Whats to stop macros?

Post by smith-b-d » 25 Jan 2007 02:47

What is there to stop someone using a macro to set a best time? with replays available to download cheaters will be at least able to set a time equal to the best time...

XiXiDu
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by XiXiDu » 25 Jan 2007 11:09

Hmm didn't know that is possible...sucks if true :(

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 25 Jan 2007 12:23

IF thats possible, and someone figures it out...

I hope their FIRST move is to inform Nadeo discreetly/privately that its possible, with details, and give them a chance at fixing it.

Don't do it, then say "I was only pointing it out..." after you get caught. Thats a fast track to ban-ation...
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.

Helstar
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Re: Whats to stop macros?

Post by Helstar » 25 Jan 2007 13:46

smith-b-d wrote:What is there to stop someone using a macro to set a best time? with replays available to download cheaters will be at least able to set a time equal to the best time...
Oh dear ... that really sucks ! May you say an example of a map in which that happened (a Nadeo map ?)
Last edited by Helstar on 25 Jan 2007 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
The music of the future will not entertain; It's only meant to repress and neutralise your brain.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 25 Jan 2007 13:57

if somebody discover a way to cheat and tells us privately, he gets coppers and thanks from the community (once we have fixed it of course ^^)

Before anybody would panic, there is always a way to verify the run of a player, to see if it is right. So, the only thing players can do, is do some temporary mess. And as far as I know, there is no such thing at the moment.

smith-b-d
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by smith-b-d » 25 Jan 2007 15:54

Florent wrote:if somebody discover a way to cheat and tells us privately, he gets coppers and thanks from the community (once we have fixed it of course ^^)

Before anybody would panic, there is always a way to verify the run of a player, to see if it is right. So, the only thing players can do, is do some temporary mess. And as far as I know, there is no such thing at the moment.
Private message has been sent. It would probley be best if this topic was closed now before people start getting ideas :P

@Helstar
I dont know if anyones done it yet... but i do know its possible. I have used it at a lesser extent, messing around testing it. I used it to customise the digital pad on my controls to customise the steering and braking so that i could just hold turn left rather than consistantly tapping it on large turns (desert maps)... also automatic braking while turning... just little stuff like that. edit:oooh, i havent used it to set any times or anything like that in case anyone gets the wrong idea... and havent used it in multiplayer.

Ricardo Rix
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Ricardo Rix » 27 Jan 2007 10:32

It can't be done, 1 reason for this is timing - how does the macro start at exactly the same time as 3-2-1 Go?

On the 'if it can be done', Nadeo could add a random time shift change to the 3-2-1-Go to stop it.

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 27 Jan 2007 13:58

Ricardo Rix wrote:It can't be done, 1 reason for this is timing - how does the macro start at exactly the same time as 3-2-1 Go?

On the 'if it can be done', Nadeo could add a random time shift change to the 3-2-1-Go to stop it.
...good point... i though the same... how does the macro know it has to turn 55% at 00:05.02 min and break at 00:05.48 min ... a macro knows what to do but not when exactly... at least its what i think...
100²% addicted

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 27 Jan 2007 18:56

I found a macro that works too, it partly destroyed the community in other games I was playing, so I'm not going to mention anything about it (since you can google it)I'm not going to describe what it does or how it's called, but trust me that I don't use it (it's way too hard)

I'm going to inform nadeo about it after I discovered how to track the use of this macro

Florent, do you handle macro reports with descretion? I don't want have the name of this program to be leaked.

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 27 Jan 2007 19:48

Ok, it doesn't work online (your connection times out and you get a discalification)