Moderator: TM-Patrol

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming

TMU out now on Steam!!!

Post by ming » 19 Mar 2007 13:49

Finally trackmania united made it to the steam platform!!!!!!

according to the latest news on the french official website (http://www.trackmania-lejeu.com/fr/) it is gonna be released next month (april). this would also explain why it has not yet been officially released in the states...

Le jeu est sorti depuis peu en Allemagne où il figure parmi les meilleures ventes, les anglais viennent de nous rejoindre, en attendant les hollandais, scandinaves, espagnols ou encore les brésiliens à la fin du mois. Les américains arriveront le mois prochain, nous sortirons le jeu simultanément en magasin et sur Steam, la célèbre platerforme online.
still to hope that one can register the game in steam using the cd-key^^

greetz

ming
Last edited by ming on 14 Jun 2007 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manialink: mingcolor>

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 19 Mar 2007 14:10

Let's hope that there'll stay a CD version without steam.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @4x2670MHz, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Radeon HD4870 X2 with 2x1024 MB, 4096 MB DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 x64 Professional, ADSL 16384/1024, ATI Catalyst 9.8

Cyrlaur
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU
Manialink(s): Cyrlaur

Post by Cyrlaur » 19 Mar 2007 14:12

The end means ; "at the same time in store and on steam" ;)

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by ming » 19 Mar 2007 14:45

Insomnia wrote:Let's hope that there'll stay a CD version without steam.
guess yes, since they are only going to sell it via steam, additionally to the traditional shops...

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 19 Mar 2007 14:48

i'll translate it for those who don't speak french:
The game has been released not long ago in Germany, where it's among the best selling games. The brittish also just had the release, and the dutch, scandinavian, spanish and brasilian gamers can expect it at the end of the month. The americans will get it somewhere next month, we'll release the game in stores and on steam, the famous online platform, simultaneously.
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Rax
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Rax » 19 Mar 2007 15:52

steam = no starforce right?

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 19 Mar 2007 15:53

well if its to be rleased on steam then i hope that the same server security is used as in HL2 and Counter strike .... you know the 1 that says Cheating Will Result In A Permanent Ban :D
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 19 Mar 2007 19:31

Never really liked steam. But for those who keep complaining about starforce and going on about how steam is a lot better, here's their chance :)

And the whole cheating = ban is a thing I really don't like about steam, because a false positive will also result in a ban, not just for the game in question but possibly for your entire game collection on steam. Tough luck.

NiteFox
highway camper
highway camper

Post by NiteFox » 19 Mar 2007 22:07

Hmm, if I'd known this last Friday I would've held out buying TMU until the Steam release. Ah well, no harm done.

Incidentally, regarding the cheating = ban thing, that's unlikely to apply to TMU, since it probably won't be VAC protected.

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by ming » 19 Mar 2007 22:18

NiteFox wrote:Hmm, if I'd known this last Friday I would've held out buying TMU until the Steam release. Ah well, no harm done.
well usually u are able to register games in steam with your cd key to you account. hope this will work for tmu as well...

Wolf2000me
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Wolf2000me » 21 Mar 2007 10:36

I have been using Steam for quite a while. I used to play CS and CS:S. I went through the transition of CS 1.6 to the Steam platform. Sadly the system requirements went up without a significant change.
So I hope this won't be the case for TMU but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen.

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 21 Mar 2007 12:43

yay!

it was almost to be expected. I wonder what's gonna happen with those people who bought it via metaboli, will that system be replaced by the steam system, can we transfer, keep our coppers, online data, login account etc..

Because when you enter your cd key online, you are basicly telling steam/nadeo servers that you are joining a used account which pre exists on the nadeo servers.. Wonder if this can be transfered in a transparent manner or: if you have to buy a new online key ?

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 21 Mar 2007 15:28

BLaHiTiS wrote:yay!

it was almost to be expected. I wonder what's gonna happen with those people who bought it via metaboli, will that system be replaced by the steam system, can we transfer, keep our coppers, online data, login account etc..

Because when you enter your cd key online, you are basicly telling steam/nadeo servers that you are joining a used account which pre exists on the nadeo servers.. Wonder if this can be transfered in a transparent manner or: if you have to buy a new online key ?
well im hoping to be able to register my player key @ steam so that if i decide to install agian a new o/s (WINDOWS VISTA ULTAMATE :P ) that i dont have to request more activation key and can start playing straight away instead of waiting foe an email with eather why did you request a new key? or an email will be sent within the next few days (or years :lol: ) with your new activation key !

after installing vista i was very worried about installing tmu :? due to the activation keys

i hope Nadeo see this and take it into concideration!!!
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

mp3killer(SLO)
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by mp3killer(SLO) » 21 Mar 2007 22:51

YAY! Steam - thousands of new players (n00bs :lol: ) - WELCOME, to the game that will get you out of CSS! :lol:
Great news - really! :D
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am!
Morow: The Best Progressive Radio Of Yesterday & Today

dustyjo
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TMS, TMN

Post by dustyjo » 22 Mar 2007 00:38

ming wrote:
NiteFox wrote:Hmm, if I'd known this last Friday I would've held out buying TMU until the Steam release. Ah well, no harm done.
well usually u are able to register games in steam with your cd key to you account. hope this will work for tmu as well...
It won't.
That only works for VALVe games.
BLaHiTiS wrote:yay!

I really don't see a need to transfer, unless you've run out of activations or something...
-dustyjo Happy TrackManiac since Dec. 2004