Cheater warning: Tiflo

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Skubidou
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo-tms-tmu

Post by Skubidou » 02 Apr 2007 06:02

Koroner wrote:I'd rather no one gives them away like that again. We should talk "quietly" about cheating, y'know what I mean.
Don't worry...they know how to use the cheat, but lots of people doesn't know how to find the cheaters...(except speculation)

Talk "quietly" about cheating? No, the cheat is there, there are messages everywhere about the cheat. Don't put your ostrich head in the sand...

Information 'How to cheat' (or 'how they cheat') is also information 'how to find them'. And it's too late to hide the cheat, it's time to find the cheaters and fight them (and update dedicated servers to block them).

Skubidou:~

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Koroner » 02 Apr 2007 08:36

Let us talk "quietly" about how to use cheats, not that there are ones around...

My decades-long gaming experience tells me that most of times who cannot help cheating in multiplayer games possesses less-than-average intelligence and needs step-by-step instructions on how to make the whole crap work.
Information 'How to cheat' (or 'how they cheat') is also information 'how to find them'.
You're right here.

-Lr-wrc
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -Lr-wrc » 03 Apr 2007 21:56

kill cheater :evil:
Admin Carpark

Admin Tm-Ligue

Jfreu
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmu

Post by Jfreu » 06 Apr 2007 09:53

Omg there are cheaters everywhere ... another one this morning on "ChaosKreiger"

Scouse

Post by Scouse » 06 Apr 2007 10:12

Skubidou wrote:
Koroner wrote:I'd rather no one gives them away like that again. We should talk "quietly" about cheating, y'know what I mean.
Don't worry...they know how to use the cheat, but lots of people doesn't know how to find the cheaters...(except speculation)
On another post, they gave the website to a trainer :roll:

Usstan
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Usstan » 08 Apr 2007 10:19

I guess this explains a little of what I've seen when driving on the BOMB (Coast only) server too. Many times I've been among the top 5 until about 20 seconds remain of the time for that track, then in the last 20 seconds I end up somewhere around 10-15.

I thought this was because so many of the top rank players (inc Manu) was "playing" around with the rest of us, and then driving for a good time at the end, well, now there might be other reasons behind these good times at the end of the tracks time :evil:

If this is as bad as it seems, then maybe Nadeo should look into a fix and reset the entire ladder. Better to have a new "clean" ladder than one full of cheaters
ManiaLink: UTCC

Mikeizbak
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Mikeizbak » 08 Apr 2007 13:37

well strange things happens on this server like : thrice i set, for example, a top 3 record and was ranked 5th in the race...

i thought it was related to some cheaters, but it happens... to me!!

having set the n°2 record (was in 58"7 vs 59.3 previous time), and being second in the race (winner of the race took n°1 record), my time was recorded for record keeping by the server, but my race time was not updated.??!!?.. so it ended with somebody beating my previous time (59"3) but not my record (58'7) and being ranked second in the race but having third record

and race times on this server sometimes take a huge time (10 to30s...) to be updated (experienced the same thing as usstan, ranked 3rd and then suddenly 12th, though it was in the middle of the playing time...)

so i don't know what to think, either server problems, or something else...

anyway, of course, i don't cheat !!! :wink:
Nothing is closer to the truth than the false

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 09 Apr 2007 19:12

Koroner wrote:Let us talk "quietly" about how to use cheats, not that there are ones around...

My decades-long gaming experience tells me that most of times who cannot help cheating in multiplayer games possesses less-than-average intelligence and needs step-by-step instructions on how to make the whole crap work.
Information 'How to cheat' (or 'how they cheat') is also information 'how to find them'.
You're right here.
I don't think you really have to worry about talking quietly about these kinds of issues....There are 2 types of folks who exploit cheats, the active type are the ones that actually create and distribute information about how to cheat, usually just to teammates or a select few. The more passive type feel there is something to be gained from keeping up with the Active cheaters, and follow along with the usual "Everybody else is doing it" excuse. Then you get a few folks that are actively "De-Bugging" cheats they find and telling us about them here...

Their offset, is the vast majority that finds cheating offensive (so offensive, the fact these cheats exist surprises em), and fall back to the developers for solutions. Their actions to date have been sound and prompt, and I'm confident that will continue...
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.

QuikSilver
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by QuikSilver » 10 Apr 2007 23:03

Usstan wrote:I guess this explains a little of what I've seen when driving on the BOMB (Coast only) server too. Many times I've been among the top 5 until about 20 seconds remain of the time for that track, then in the last 20 seconds I end up somewhere around 10-15.

I thought this was because so many of the top rank players (inc Manu) was "playing" around with the rest of us, and then driving for a good time at the end, well, now there might be other reasons behind these good times at the end of the tracks time :evil:

If this is as bad as it seems, then maybe Nadeo should look into a fix and reset the entire ladder. Better to have a new "clean" ladder than one full of cheaters
dont blame me there :p
i seem to do the same :p but all i get is a last second great time ^^

JumperJack
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by JumperJack » 11 Apr 2007 06:24

lol indeed, the same thing happens to me there, spacejocky, but these're no cheats... :wink:

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Post by m&o » 20 Apr 2007 17:39

maby nadeo just need to only make the newest dedicated version alowed to be ranked...becase maby that are justthe servers with older onces....in nations they had top 100 server and al I say that servers with pass may not be ranked to...but that is just my opinion

ScraPpy
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ScraPpy » 21 Apr 2007 04:59

Thanx for the Info all, now I can finally win. :idea:
ScraPpy <<<<cheats in bed with time to spare :twisted:

This post lets the weak players know that there is a cheat,however it also allows the officials know that the players are concerned and that something needs to be done, or like Zooz said ..this game will end up like TMN with locked servers with only hi ranked players or something of that sort .
So we need to be louder, so that we can be heard then I`m sure that something will take place to ensure a positive reason to win. :P

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 21 Apr 2007 09:30

What about a small but effective anti cheater website?
With a proof screenshot database, a list of known cheater logins, a petition to sign for nadeo to ban cheaters.

I'd probably even set this site to be "officially supported by Electronic Tournaments and the ET community", other official supporters may follow.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @4x2670MHz, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Radeon HD4870 X2 with 2x1024 MB, 4096 MB DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 x64 Professional, ADSL 16384/1024, ATI Catalyst 9.8

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Re: Cheater warning: Tiflo

Post by Knutselmaaster » 15 Sep 2008 21:01

Awfull!

I'll contact every serious person involved in "servers" i know and propose them to update their servers to the latest versions and share login information.
Also it should be easy for clans with a forum to release the ip/proxrad of people proven guilty of this kind of sick behaviour.
Privacy my *ss but i don't want to start a hysteria neither so a database of "prove" would be nice; can't that be done with dedimania?

I hope this was just a one in a million chance to make a trainer and that the problem is solved if everybody updates his server to the newest version the moment it comes out.
Can't nadeo make a mass mail in the game to all people with serveraccounts? They are allready displayed on the web so it should'nt be hard for them to troove the logins of all masteraccounts? Like that they can reach a lot of people involved when there is a new server build for download....

pwf
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU TMO

Re: Cheater warning: Tiflo

Post by pwf » 15 Sep 2008 21:31

I noticed this too lately,
many dedimania recs got **** up :(
It would be nice if the cheated dedi recs could be removed ...
Who am I ? 0,o